San Diego CAD Software Systems used by SDPD and Sherriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

mprice

Hi folks,
Can anyone point me to documents that discuss th computer aided dispatch software that is in use by the SDPD and Sheriff's departments? I saw an article on the internet that stated there were many different systems in use and I have seen evidence that SDPD is using a Northrop Grumman CAD system. I am researching these systems and would love to get more detail on the system in use in San Diego county. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

dwilde94

The CAD software used by the SDSO is called iMobile. I used to volunteer for them. Not sure who produces it.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Intergraph is owned by Hexagon (sometimes shown as HxGN). It looks like Center Systems uses I/CAD in some form, but they are most assuredly not the owners.

The products are known as I/CAD and I/Mobile, although I/Mobile is about to be retired in favor of a product called Mobile for Public Safety (MPS). It has a partner smartphone/tablet app called Mobile Responder, which essentially gives you an MDT on your phone (scaled-down in features of course).

I use Intergraph CAD daily. I've never used a Northrop Grumman solution. I have in the past used Logisys Firstcall, and I definitely prefer I/CAD. (Of course my experience with Firstcall is nearly 10 years old, so it is possible they've improved it since then.)

Intergraph's CAD suite is part of the SG&I (Security, Government, & Infrastructure) portfolio within Hexagon. There are several web pages available to showcase the various products.

I/CAD 9.3: Computer-Aided Dispatch 9.3

Mobile Responder: Mobile Responder | Public Safety | Intergraph

Mobile for Public Safety: Mobile Dispatch | Public Safety | Security, Government & Infrastructure | Intergraph Canada

Jay911

Feed Provider
It depends on the agency. Some departments put "live CAD" out on the web. Two that spring to mind immediately are the California Highway Patrol and Toronto Fire.

CHP Traffic

City of Toronto: Toronto Fire Services

They're almost always not going to be the actual notes/records of the incident, for obvious (privacy) reasons. For example, on that Toronto page, you will note you're only given a "prime street" and "cross street". That generally prevents you from knowing the exact address being attended.. which may not make much sense if it's a fire, since everyone on the street can see what's on fire. But if it's a domestic dispute or sexual assault, those things are not meant for public consumption.

And now that I think of trying, the original department of this thread, San Diego, of course has a page too: San Diego Fire-Rescue Dispatch Online

disp10

Premium Subscriber
All the major fire communications centers in San Diego County (North Com, San Diego, Calfire, and Heartland) will be launching a partnership with PulsePoint on Monday, July 28th. Most of the North Com dispatched agencies are already online. This gives you the ability to view calls in real time. There is also a pretty slick app for your phone as well.

PulsePoint WebApp

Jay911

Feed Provider
That's beautiful. PulsePoint's main function is to alert citizens of the need for CPR in close proximity to them. For example if you're walking down 1st St and there's a 9-1-1 call come in for a person in cardiac arrest at 2nd and Main, you will get an alert. To the best of my knowledge, it's already been cited as a factor in saving lives.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
NorthCom first full day on PulsePoint was on July 25th for these agencies.
(Rancho Santa Fe, Carlsbad, Del Mar, Elfin Forest/Harmony Grove, Encinitas, Oceanside, San Marcos, Solana Beach, Vista, North County Fire Protection District)
http://scandiego.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776

Chula Vista Fire , National City Fire, Pauma Fire is online as of July 26th.

PulsePoint for android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.firedepartment

PulsePoint for iPhones / iPad / iPod
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pulsepoint/id500772134

Last edited:

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
Cal Fire Kenwood radio line up.

Does anyone have the updated Kenwood radio load plan for CalFire? The most recent I can fine is 2011.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Santee and Coronado FDs also on Pulsepoint. There are probably more that haven't been mentioned yet

musician2111

Even though San Diego Fire is on Pulse Point, Poway fire is not. I find this odd since Poway uses SDFD for dispatch services. One would think all of the assets that dispatch center has control of would end up on the web app.

Back to the original topic, SD Sheriff just completed a remodel at the comm-center. I suspect this remodel was more than just new chairs, carpets, coffee makers and Cheetos dispensers for each console! Rumor has it they had to get all new equipment as part of the P25 radio upgrade. But what brand of parts and whose software they are using is still a mystery. Maybe it is not public information. Photos would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.