San Diego City 700MHz System

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroups on the 700 system are the same (in HEX) as the TGs on the 800 MHz system.

shadow925

I find the 700 system to be extremely inconsistent on the BCD436HP. One transmission will sound terrific then the next one from the same dispatcher will be garbled and inaudible. I'd guess that professional radios don't experience the same problem as the scanner though.

Does anyone have experience with the Unication G4/G5 pagers or the SDS-100 on the system for comparison?

carlt

I have it on good authority that the City might transition to this system in July 2019. The company I work for does work for the Community College District, and we had to scramble to get 700mhz cards for their campus repeaters.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Bud, perhaps they will deprecate the old system to city workers and such. As it stands now, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, the 700MHz system is at 90% capacity, and that is just from the three most long winded garbage truck drivers!

Paul

kma371

QRT
Bud, perhaps they will deprecate the old system to city workers and such. As it stands now, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, the 700MHz system is at 90% capacity, and that is just from the three most long winded garbage truck drivers!

Paul

EDIT: Nevermind, wrong thread

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Could someone advise how to program the SD City 700 system into a 996XT scanner? I used to be able to receive it, but now, even on the correct 771.41825 control channel, and bandplan autofill or manually filled, it just says finding control channel, even if I manual hold on that frequency full signal. I tried Freescan, as well as manually creating the system from the keypad. I am at a loss. My Whistlers work fine on it.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I am using Freescan to try and manually enter the bandplan for the 700 system, and Freescan keeps telling me that 762.00625 is "out of band"..."you have been warned!" TFW???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 1.16.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 1.16.09 PM.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 32

JoeyC

You shouldn't have to set up a band plan. FWIW, you have the wrong control channel listed above. Its 771.48125

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Sorry, got dyslexic. I am manually entering the bandplan because the 996 was unable to decode the control channel and auto-fill...I thought maybe prefilling the bandplan would help it see the system again. FWI, the control channel in the scanner was and is 771.48125.

JoeyC

I'm gonna have to check in the morning when the trash trucks hit the street if my 996 works on the system. It has in the past, but I don't regularly listen to that nonsense.

JoeyC

Yeah my 996xt is not working on this system anymore it seems. I don't remember how this radio display shows information. Every few seconds, not consistently though it will show the control freq on the 3rd display line, most of the time it says NFM. The signal bars occasionally show 5 bars while the freq is displayed, but it will not hold on the control it seems. The 536 is fine.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I think we are dealing with serious LSM issues on our XT's. I was able to get solid CC decode on I-5 and the 56, as well as 94 and 25th street, but near my station on 94 and 47th, I cannot get the system to CC lock, even though full signal, regardless of ATT state. The area on 47th where the CC will not lock is visual line of site to Miguel, Otay, Pt Loma and Soledad, so the little XT is seeing every tower at once probably at the same signal level. Oddly enough, the NextGen locks CC no problem same location...then again, not sure how many towers are broadcasting in LSM at this point.

Paul

JoeyC

Driving around with it today I got a solid decode on the control channel while driving in the Allied Gardens and Mission Gorge area but only briefly. The scanner struggles to keep hold of the CC and most of the time cannot. Stationary at home, it would only briefly catch the CC and the scanner spent most of its time in search of a usable signal. I wonder if some transmitters have recently been activated because as I think you said before, I don't remember it being this bad in the past, then again, I don't listen often.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Mid City has been 24/7 patched to the 700 system for the last week...now Northern is patched as well.

Paul

mike619

Confirmed Talkgroup 253 as SDPD training 3 which on the 800 system is 4048.