San Diego City 700MHz System

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Don, are the RCS fire agencies radios preprogrammed for any new SD 700 zones, or would there be a preemptive need to add these prior to SDC cutting over to the new system for fire operations?

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Hearing SD City medics talking to dispatch on the 700 system...I missed the talkgroup DEC ID, I think it was like 472 or 462 or something like that. The ambulance was obviously eing patched from analog.

Eastern has been unpatched for several weeks, but Mid City and 7A and 7B remain permapatched for now.

Uniden SDS200 gets 7-10dBm signal strength improvement by applying Wide Normal filter.

Paul

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
So my question is this: program SDPD and SDFD on the 800Mhz or the 700Mhz...? I don't know if I am able to receive from north county however I need to fill up the memory banks on my many SDS200's. And another Q....San Diego Harbor Police.....what Primaries do I load and what ID's#...THx

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Paul. Take if you take the TG number from the 800 system divide by 16 you will get the P25 700 MHz system.
Like CMD 7E 7472 is 467 on the 700.
A while ago I had posted in the 700 MHz wiki a conversion of the 800 TG's at the time to 700.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/San_Diego_City_700_MHz_Unconfirmed_Talkgroups

Yeah, I did the 16 conversion, but like I said, I couldn't remember the exact ID I saw, but it was in the SDFD 800 talkgroups converted range.

And thank you for the preconversion...wish we could get that on the RRdb...the 700 uses the same core and controller as the 800 system, so the talkgroups in HEX should all be identical. The new P25 system in Orange County not only uses the same old HEX talkgroups, but even the control channels for each site are from the old system.

Mister, I do per site filters on my SDS. On CHP 39.4MHz, I get -108-110dBm with filter off, but -86-90dbB with Wide Normal filter applied. Wide normal on the current RCS south knocks -5dBm off of my signal strength.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
So my question is this: program SDPD and SDFD on the 800Mhz or the 700Mhz...? I don't know if I am able to receive from north county however I need to fill up the memory banks on my many SDS200's. And another Q....San Diego Harbor Police.....what Primaries do I load and what ID's#...THx

Harbor PD is on the RCS. HPD D2 is airport operations in the day, HPD D1 is everything off the airport. At night, they leave D1 and D2 patched unles they are working an extended incident. HPD Tac 1 is primary, but you would want to throw Tacs 2-4 in also. HPD is carried on South and North sites.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The chief of police put out an advisory today. SDPD radios will begin to be reprogrammed division by division, starting tomorrow, and running through September 26th. I don't know the specifics, or if the new flashes contain 700 system only programming, but expect to start hearing more 700 P25 talkgroups coming online, starting with Operations Support.

If you have been holding off on buying a new scanner, you may want to place an order. My 996XT's cannot so much as lock the control channel anywhere in the vicinity of Webster where my station is.

Paul

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
I get them on the North Cell .....nothing ever on the South. Full bars too, using stock antenna on the SDS200s. I have 3 now and all sounding good, for the time being. I am trying to wean myself off of external antennas (ST-2).

allend

Premium Subscriber
I get them on the North Cell .....nothing ever on the South. Full bars too, using stock antenna on the SDS200s. I have 3 now and all sounding good, for the time being. I am trying to wean myself off of external antennas (ST-2).

Do you think you might be interested in selling that ST-2 by chance? If so PM me. If not, enjoy

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the 900 (North City West) units on Northern Disp 1 are transmitting on 700MHz.

Would be useful if a database admin would post the full compliment of 800MHz system talkgroups converted into the 700MHz system for RRdb direct to scanner database downloads. Everything I am receiving on 700 matches the talkgroups on 800, and because they share a common core controller, there is no reason to believe that the talkgroups should be different between systems. The current 800 RRdb is full of unused talkgroups, so that should be an issue or excuse.

Paul

SDBud

The 700 mhz system is VERY active today, all PD D1s, and most FD channels as well.

TG 327 appears to be Medical Dispatch.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, all Dispatch 1's are patched, SDFD 7A, 7B, 7C, 7E, 7F all patched, as well as Lifeguards D1. During the cactus fire last week, I heard 8G and 8I patched, but not 8H. 7H, 7I, and most of zone 8 and 9 not patched at this point. Police dispatch 2's are only popping up on 700MHz when a 700MHz radio affiliates (at least this is how it appears), probably the same for the fire 8/9 zones. Northern D2 and Southern D2, and once a week ago on Central D2, are the only D2's I've heard, and each transmission has had at least one unit transmitting on digital. NCW went 700 last week (at least their handhelds), and hearing 700MHz transmitting units on Southern today.

Paul

shadow925

I've been monitoring the 700Mhz system for a while now on my BCD436HP for now and have noticed an improvement in performance over the past few months. The issue I'm still experiencing is very crisp performance at my work location in Sorrento Valley but extremely poor reception at my home location in Scripps Ranch. The map below shows the locations along with the transmitter locations from the database.

Does anyone know if the transmitters are all currently in operation? Both receive locations are in the middle of transmit locations so I'm not sure what the problem might be in Scripps Ranch. I did try the attenuator on/off which didn't make a difference. Any thoughts on what else I might try, or has anyone found a radio that works well throughout the new system's footprint?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The San Diego City 700 system is very difficult to decode on a scanner. The 700 in Phase 1 is more garble prone than the NextGen in Phase 2! Signal strength, range, and coverage are also greatly reduced as opposed to the 800MHz system. My little Unication G5's love it though, except when in proximity to Verizon cell phone towers, which will knock the little G5 off the air when listening to 700.

Paul