San Diego City 700MHz System

carlt

I am not receiving any traffic on the 700. I can receive the 800 fine with 3-4 bars average. I get the "noise" on the 700 CC, with 1-2 bars.
I use FreeScan. How should the system type be set: Mot Type II/P25 OR P25 standard? I have tried both with negative results. Is there something else?

SDBud

I am not receiving any traffic on the 700. I can receive the 800 fine with 3-4 bars average. I get the "noise" on the 700 CC, with 1-2 bars.
I use FreeScan. How should the system type be set: Mot Type II/P25 OR P25 standard? I have tried both with negative results. Is there something else?

P25 standard.

Comes in VERY well on my 996, better than the 800 system does most of the time.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Maybe someone could update the RRdb with all the new 700MHz talkgroups. All of the SDPD talkgroups have been up on 700MHz when units affiliate, same wiht SDFD. I think SDCCPD is also over there, but have not heard School PD yet.

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Maybe someone could update the RRdb with all the new 700MHz talkgroups. All of the SDPD talkgroups have been up on 700MHz when units affiliate, same wiht SDFD. I think SDCCPD is also over there, but have not heard School PD yet.

This has finally been done for the core public safety categories of SDPD, Fire/EMS, Lifeguards, SDCCD and SDUSD. I'll probably wait on the city services stuff until we get more confirmation.

Everybody please keep us up to date with further developments by submitting to the database.

n2deep

Can figure out how to edit the previous post but on Talkgroup 1007 UCSD has been doing several radio checks today. He kept doing radio checks in several different areas of the campus it sounded like, but no one ever answered him back.

Audio Recording

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Can figure out how to edit the previous post but on Talkgroup 1007 UCSD has been doing several radio checks today. He kept doing radio checks in several different areas of the campus it sounded like, but no one ever answered him back.

Audio Recording

TG 1007 * 16 = TG 16112 on the old system.

This talkgroup has been active since at least 2018 when I first logged radio checks on it, and it's adjacent to the San Diego Comm & Elec talkgroups. It is most likely the city radio shop and not UCSD.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The radio shops guys use the callsign "Charlie", as in "Charlie 37 radio check"

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Talkgroup 789 appears to be SDCCD Police Tac 1. Has not been submitted to the database yet.

Audio Recording

Nice catch! I had seen dispatcher affiliations on this talkgroup so I wasn't sure if this was their dispatch 2.

Since you have it confirmed in your recording, I can show the following from Unitrunker logs:

700 MHz TG800 MHz TGChannel NameHits
783​
12528​
SDCCD PD Dispatch 1
20747​
785​
12560​
SDCCD PD Dispatch 2?
98​
789​
12624​
SDCCD PD Tac 1
519​
791​
12656​
SDCCD PD Tac 2?
47​
793​
12688​
SDCCD PD Tac 3?
124​

The question mark talkgroups are unconfirmed, however strongly suspected since they follow the same pattern as city college district PD's old 27xxx talkgroups on the 800 MHz system. When they rebanded it looks like they took their same five talkgroups and just shifted them down to a lower range.

Thanks again for the recording, that's a great find.

n2deep

Nice catch! I had seen dispatcher affiliations on this talkgroup so I wasn't sure if this was their dispatch 2.

Since you have it confirmed in your recording, I can show the following from Unitrunker logs:

700 MHz TG800 MHz TGChannel NameHits
783​
12528​
SDCCD PD Dispatch 1
20747​
785​
12560​
SDCCD PD Dispatch 2?
98​
789​
12624​
SDCCD PD Tac 1
519​
791​
12656​
SDCCD PD Tac 2?
47​
793​
12688​
SDCCD PD Tac 3?
124​

The question mark talkgroups are unconfirmed, however strongly suspected since they follow the same pattern as city college district PD's old 27xxx talkgroups on the 800 MHz system. When they rebanded it looks like they took their same five talkgroups and just shifted them down to a lower range.

Thanks again for the recording, that's a great find.
Continuing to go through recordings and can confirm that TG 785 is Dispatch 2. Audio Recording

Cellbaseman

Anybody else having trouble receiving this system since the FCC issued cellphone base transmitters near by?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
It's ALWAYS been a sketchy and lower power than the 800MHz system for field units, both into the repeaters and on receive end. This includes on Motorolas.

Paul

SDBud

My 996P2 is tracking it, and there is a very slight amount of traffic. I haven't been worried about it, when it gets to be primary, I know I'll have it ready.

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
Correct me if I am wrong...but the database still shows NEXTGEN .....AND RCS......? I thought RCS was out? I also noticed more info on the RCS TGID's vs. the NEXTGEN...? I am good with all mine but it really would confuse a newbie on which to use, even if RCS has more TGID's to convert over to use the NEXTGEN.

JoeyC

Anybody else having trouble receiving this system since the FCC issued cellphone base transmitters near by?
I'm having no problems receiving the 700 system on modern radios, but I've never had more trouble receiving the 800 system. Seems like either power has been reduced or a site has gone down?

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
Did a test ....I normally Bring my SDS 200 on my San Diego trip and it receives The San Diego city new P25 Flawlessly ( even in Escondido) ..... Today I Brought my 996XT ( same antenna) ...... struggles to find The Control Channel...... (lots of dead spots while driving on I-5 through the city)....... when the 996 receives the control channel, seems to sound pretty good. But your missing lots of traffic

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, the 996XT is basically impossible to use on the 700 system in most places...impossible meanign it simply cannot lock on the control channel. I find that cell phone (700MHz Verizon) towers seeem to be the biggest culprit for this...if you get a clear spot with no towers you may get acceptable receive and decode. Signs you have tower interference on SD 700 would be full signal bars on CC, but no CC data being received by the XT.

Paul