San Diego City 800MHz Trunked System Rebanding Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

imd

Seems my BCT 15 can’t hear the police Frequencies now? Anyone know what’s up?
The frequencies have changed. Previous messages on this thread detail the new changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
If you are coming here because your scanner stopped receiving SD City system, do the following.

CHANGE YOUR CONTROL CHANNELS TO THESE

ALSO CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM TYPE/BANDPLAN TO MOTOROLA STANDARD INSTEAD OF SPLINTER

If you have an older Whistler or Radio Shack scanner, under system select DEFAULT and REBANDED for bandplan.

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
I assumed this would mean the end for my Pro-93 and Pro-2053 but after updating the control channel in them they even still work.

allend

Premium Subscriber
If you are coming here because your scanner stopped receiving SD City system, do the following.

If you have an older Whistler or Radio Shack scanner, under system select DEFAULT and REBANDED for bandplan.

Thanks. This is all I need to know. Going out to SD tomorrow for the day.

mikeshepard

I can confirm that both my TRX-1 and SDS-100 were successfully programmed for the rebranded system by entering the new control channels and setting system type to standard or default.

I have a couple of 'vintage' Motorola radios I have been using for sdpd rx (they were old press radios). One is a Spectra and one is an STX handy. They are the only radios that would receive inside the building I work in (no 'scanner' will rx in there). Can anyone reprogram those old radios or are they going in the trash bin and I am SOL?

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin

Nicely done! The forums are always abuzz with “OMG MY SCANNER STOPPED WORKING!” threads after events like this happen. I was passed by a PD unit rolling code this morning, turned on the scanner and realized there was no control channel being decoded. Hmm, could have only been one of two options... :unsure:

1. The city rebanded the existing 800 MHz system
2. The city cut over to the 700 MHz P25 system

I checked the 700 MHz P25 system and it was active with the usual garbage truck driver stand up comedy, so it must have been option 1. Band scanned 849-860 MHz for the control channel for 2B2E site 2, found and entered it in, changed the bandplan from Splinter back to Regular and we were in business.

Cudos for being prepared and explaining it much more concisely than I did! :)

lear1000

Is anyone able to reprogram my Uniden 396xt Trunk Tracker for me? I don’t have the time or software to do it. I can’t just listen to Lindbergh Field all day!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
They is be no good for trunking no more...you can turn them into LAFD scanners though :)

Paul

I have a couple of 'vintage' Motorola radios I have been using for sdpd rx (they were old press radios). One is a Spectra and one is an STX handy. They are the only radios that would receive inside the building I work in (no 'scanner' will rx in there). Can anyone reprogram those old radios or are they going in the trash bin and I am SOL?

otismyman

Premium Subscriber
Any help on getting a Home Patrol 1 to update to the new control frequencies? I updated the database on Sentinel but no go.
Thanks

allend

Premium Subscriber

These control channels worked today

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Until someone with privileges is able to change the control channels on the RRdb, anyone who uses Sentinel will not be able to hear SD City unless they know to come here or how to manually edit their favorites lists.

Paul

Any help on getting a Home Patrol 1 to update to the new control frequencies? I updated the database on Sentinel but no go.
Thanks

markbcd436hp

Premium Subscriber
I am new to this site .... because I too live in San Diego. I own a BCD436HP.... I am not sure how to edit the Control Channels using Sentinel.... or any other method. I guess I could wait for Sentinel to update there Database but I kinda want to listen now...haha.. Any more detailed info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I think you have to use the little ICON BUTTONS on the tool bar to edit your favorites lists...I know they make it difficult, I used to have an HP scanner.

Paul

markbcd436hp

Premium Subscriber
Thanks but I know how to use the tool .... I just don't know WHAT to change/add/delete WHERE. I (we all) need exact steps and info on what to do.... thanks

Thanks for all the info guys. Great idea to set up a Rebanded site so it is seamless. Isn't it wild how long the talk of rebanding has been around and today it finally happened to the City system. I think I first heard of rebanding while contracting at Sprint in 2006 and here we are 13 years later.
Rebranding is just a giant money spending project.

Status
Not open for further replies.