San Diego Co/Imperial Co Regional Communications System (RCS) Question Thread

nhse

Premium Subscriber
Paul and all...before I start doing some programming, is Santee Sheriff being broadcasted on the north zone as well as Rural? Never knew! Also, Heartland is also on the North zone but I think just 1a through 1 m or so.

donrob36

http://forums.radioreference.com/san-diego-metro-area-discussion/328805-san-diego-co-

TY Paul,

This is very helpful info. I dont travel much into north zone but it looks like I should program it to stay alert for those muni's

Again TY
Don

nhse

Premium Subscriber
Well all, being able to listen to Santee sheriffs on the North zone has been very helpful. I know blue 1, blue 2 law air, med air and fire air are on north, east and south zones. Chp El Cajon and Calfire are on all zones too. Heartland 1, Northcomm 3, Santee sheriff are on North and South. I have not heard any sheriff Rural on the North zone, just East. So....two questions, what else is on multiple zones that I may be missing and which paramedic hospital stations are on multiple RCS zones? I would think Palomar would be on North and East as an example, don't know. I also know San Diego fire uses their own system to communicate with their base stations vs the County RCS.
Does anyone have a complete list of which talk groups are on multiple zones and which hospitals are in which zone(s)?

SCPD

QRT
Calfire TG# ??

So what's the deal with zone 10 TG# B,C,E,F, I have these programmed into my Uniden bc246t and I'm not hearing traffic at all when they dispatch an incident Calfire 151.1900 or 10 A dispatch, Are those TG# wrong in the RR data base or what could the issue, I'm have the north site programmed in as well and I'm not hearing anything at all in zone 10 except 10 A dispatch and I have tried using my Uniden bcd325p2 and still nothing, So either the RR data base is wrong or Calfire changed those TG#, Same issue with zone 11. Any info would great I'm missing a lot of responses from Calfire units

nhse

Premium Subscriber
I'm using Motorola radios so I don't use the numerical tags for programming, I know they are dispatching on the RCS as well as VHF.

SCPD

QRT
TG# Issue

I'm using Motorola radios so I don't use the numerical tags for programming, I know they are dispatching on the RCS as well as VHF.
Yeah don't seem to be having the problem there, Its just the zone 10 & zone 11 cmd & tacs TG# I'm not hearing, This is just happening to Calfire only, Escondido Fd, Northcom, and heartland are working great

SCPD

QRT
TG# Issue

Yeah don't seem to be having the problem there, Its just the zone 10 & zone 11 cmd & tacs TG# I'm not hearing, This is just happening to Calfire only, Escondido Fd, Northcom, and heartland are working great
Well I did some TG# ID search and found that Calfire appears to be using some new TG# ID's that are not listed in the RR data base

SCPD

QRT
TG# Issue

Well I did some TG# ID search and found that Calfire appears to be using some new TG# ID's that are not listed in the RR data base
Well CalFire is using a new TG# in zone 10 and there maybe others here's the I;m hearing all the traffic on.

TG# 28112 Unk label

And it's not listed on RR Data Base

Last edited:

JoeyC

Well CalFire is using a new TG# in zone 10 and there maybe others here's the I;m hearing all the traffic on.

TG# 28112 Unk label

And it's not listed on RR Data Base

That is not a new talkgroup. Its the old 10E and is still in use. It was previously reported that some talkgroups in the fleetmap changed, but I'm not seeing any consistency. Not sure why it (and others) were removed when they are still in use.

disp10

Premium Subscriber
That is not a new talkgroup. Its the old 10E and is still in use. It was previously reported that some talkgroups in the fleetmap changed, but I'm not seeing any consistency. Not sure why it (and others) were removed when they are still in use.

That talkgroup was supposed to be deprecated after the reprogramming, but is still patched to the new 10E at this time. Eventually it will go away.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The programming for Rebanding has provided the opportunity to make a number of operational adjustments to RCS. Among these is clearing a block of system IDs for conversion from Analog to Digital. TGs in the analog block to be converted were patched with new TGs in blocks that will remain analog. I believe the database was updated with the new IDs, and the old IDs removed. Once the programming of mutual aid users is completed, the patches will be taken down.

SCPD

QRT
As of now Calfire is only using the old TG# with no patch to the new TG# listed in the RR data base, Also I'm not hearing any traffic on 10 B,C, Is there a old TG# for those as well?

disp10

Premium Subscriber
As of now Calfire is only using the old TG# with no patch to the new TG# listed in the RR data base, Also I'm not hearing any traffic on 10 B,C, Is there a old TG# for those as well?

Calfire has no way to pick what TG ID is used. It is the way the scanner sees patched talkgroups that is the issue. My scanners see the lower numbered talkgroup, so I have both programmed. The new and old talkgroups are in fact patched. Unitrunker confirms that.

SCPD

QRT
Well thanks all for the info found out what was going on it appears my Uniden Bc246T does not play well with patches, But my BCD325P2 does work great, So it looks like I will be replacing the 246T when I can afford to any ways Thanks again

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
In my overnight experience, ALL ALS base hospital talkgroups run on north AND south, even Palomar.

Also, at night, Rural is typically patched with Poway Disp, so that gets it linked up to the north site.

Paul

celbaseman

Feed Provider
SDSO Rural is nearly always patched to Poway. Only time I have ever heard it unpatched is during a major incident.

SCPD

QRT
CHP North County

I have been hearing some interesting traffic on L/E North Tac 3 the last couple of nights, It appears to be CHP Oceanside has been doing some testing on north tac 3 now here's the interesting thing the unit # I;m hearing are 124 not 92, Now ? is are they changing the area office # to 124 from 92 and are they going to start using the digital TG# in the RCS. Like I said before I'm hearing testing on L/E north tac 3 more on 11/4/16 and couple times so far on 11/5/16 mainly at night

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing some interesting traffic on L/E North Tac 3 the last couple of nights, It appears to be CHP Oceanside has been doing some testing on north tac 3 now here's the interesting thing the unit # I;m hearing are 124 not 92, Now ? is are they changing the area office # to 124 from 92 and are they going to start using the digital TG# in the RCS. Like I said before I'm hearing testing on L/E north tac 3 more on 11/4/16 and couple times so far on 11/5/16 mainly at night
I believe 124 is the Comm Center staff.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk