San Diego Co/Imperial Co Regional Communications System (RCS) Question Thread

SDBud

Is ANYONE using a 996P2 successfully on the new RCS??

Got mine today, programmed in the n, w, and s freqs, but hear NOTHING in search mode.

Tried both Proscan and Freescan. Have most of the north TGs set up, and nothing in scan mode either.

One TV station is having the same problem. I REALLY can't afford $700 for a new radio!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Any station dumb enough to purchase 996P2's for an LSM system deserves to not hear anything. That being said, my TV station put a cell phone tower on top of our scanners...seriously!

996P2's may be able to have specific Unicorn locations where they will work, but for the most part, they cannot be considered a viable option unless specifially living their existance in a special Unicorn location.

Paul

carlt

I have not seen any unicorns yet, but I am hearing all of the south agencies that have switched to NG, clear and very audible on my 996P2 and 325P2. I get 5 strong bars signal where I am. I use FreeSCAN for programming.

Last edited:

SDBud

OK, boys and girls, got a question..

Searching on the South zone NextGen, getting a 'double' TG ID in Proscan.

Comes up as 2066 2153 on the display but logs as only 2153. VERY active TG, SO RSD Dispatch..
Anyone know what's going on??

JoeyC

OK, boys and girls, got a question..

Searching on the South zone NextGen, getting a 'double' TG ID in Proscan.

Comes up as 2066 2153 on the display but logs as only 2153. VERY active TG, SO RSD Dispatch..
Anyone know what's going on??
Rancho San Diego and Imperial Beach channels are often patched.

SDBud

Rancho San Diego and Imperial Beach channels are often patched.

Just never seen 2 IDs at the same time before. Still sounds great. But NOT hearing the North Zone at all.
Heard that Oceanside and Escondido PD are both having problems.

SLTahoe

Premium Subscriber
Have not seen this discussed or maybe I missed it. What do you do with talkgroups that result in XXX.0956? Does rounding up work? What I am trying to convert is Camp Pendleton Fire TG 31201 which comes out Nextgen = 1950.0625.
Anyone have verified Camp Pend Fire TG's??

SDBud

Have not seen this discussed or maybe I missed it. What do you do with talkgroups that result in XXX.0956? Does rounding up work? What I am trying to convert is Camp Pendleton Fire TG 31201 which comes out Nextgen = 1950.0625.
Anyone have verified Camp Pend Fire TG's??

Enter the freqs and talkgroups as they are in the database. No conversion necessary.

I use the Woodson site for Pendleton, comes in loud and clear in Linda Vista.

SDBud

Anyone one else notice a problem with the West Zone Saturday night, about 10pm??

Turned on my 996P2, and it couldn't find a control channel on the West.
South was fine.

Lasted less than 5 minutes, then was back to normal.