San Diego Co/Imperial Co Regional Communications System (RCS) Question Thread

The Nextegn, on a site per site basis, has much less of a coverage footprint compared to the old RCS. Same for the SDPD 700 system.

Paul

Well, rats!!! Is that by design? I work in sometimes hazardous areas like Talmadge. Any chance I can buy a Motorola H/T somewhere and have it programmed for for RX purposes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I would suggest a Unication G4 or G5...I picked up 2, looking for another, they work amazeballs for a tiny little radio, and use the same Motorola SMA antenna connection. They are a little weak on audio output level, but on NextGen and SD City 700 they are super sensative.

Paul

Last edited:
I would suggest a Unication G4 or G5...I picked up 2, looking for another, they work amazeballs for a tiny little radio, and use the same Motorola SMA antenna connection. Thye are a little weak on audio output level, but on NextGen and SD City 700 they are super sensative.

Paul
I see no one sells them any more Are they discontinued? Where can I find them? Can you get them new somewhere or only on fleabay?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Ray's Pagers is a popular and reliable seller for the Unications. I am also looking to import a Unication U3, which is a two way radio, but also capable of receive only operation. $1300 brand new direct from Unication in Taiwan.

If you get a G5, hit me up and I will send you my SD County/City programming.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me if the new RCS still includes Rattlesnake Mountain? I work at San Vicente and was able to RX SDSO and CHP on the old system. I can't even get a data channel on the new system now so no RX at all. Something has changed. Anyone know anything? Thanks!

Stacy.

Yes, the sites are the same for the South Cell. The antenna patterns have changed some. Are you checking for signal on the lake or below the dam?

bhesson

Premium Subscriber
SDS100 Listening to Heartland on the nextgen and only hearing the dispatch and no incidents. I must be missing something.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Ensure you have all service types checked ON for receive...the SDS's ship with only like Law and Fire Dispatch seervice types checked for receive. It should be in the main menu, just activate all of them?

Paul

jimbrogers

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, Pardon me I am on the dumb side a bit when it comes to this.
I have one question when programming. There is Control, Alternate and Voice.
Do I understand correctly I should just program the Control and Alternate only.
I have a BCD536HP and SDS200.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Just the control and alternates...the control channel steers the scanner to the voice channels.

Paul

Elpablo

Hi all, Could someone please let me know if Imperial County has mostly migrated to the NextGen RCS (like SD county) or is still on the old system primarily? I did some looking through the treads but couldn't find much on Imperial Co. I am driving though there next weekend and want to program the correct system. Thanks in advance.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

desertscan

Hi all, Could someone please let me know if Imperial County has mostly migrated to the NextGen RCS (like SD county) or is still on the old system primarily? I did some looking through the treads but couldn't find much on Imperial Co. I am driving though there next weekend and want to program the correct system. Thanks in advance.

Old RCS is gone. Everything on Nextgen now. My SDS100 dont work on preprogrammed database for imperial county downloaded with sentinel and there is no talkgroup tags available yet. I manually made a favorites list and Nextgen works fine.

2467 is Imperial County Sheriff dispatch

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
I found another Easter Egg on this site ( I think). When downloading/updating the DB from RR on Sentinel for my 200's, I have noticed more frequencies to scan(control freq's and the others) compared to going to the map in San Diego and getting the reds and blues. What gives?

JoeyC

I found another Easter Egg on this site ( I think). When downloading/updating the DB from RR on Sentinel for my 200's, I have noticed more frequencies to scan(control freq's and the others) compared to going to the map in San Diego and getting the reds and blues. What gives?
Such as?