San Diego Co/Imperial Co Regional Communications System (RCS) Question Thread

desertscan

Im not an expert on radios or scanners I just listen for as hobby. as anyone who knows the Imperial County they know the news here SUCKS and having a scanner lets me know whats happening here. I listen and have been trying to program my scanner and the RR data base is off by alot which is understandable as this is a new system and im sure things change all the time. I listen and write down what I hear and see. on 5-07-2020 I heard what sounded like techs or someone doing radio checks and these are what I heard I did miss some but got what I could.
993 ICS 2
991 ICS 1
989 COUNTY TAC 4
987 COUNTY TAC 3
381 TAC 7
383 TAC 8
367 COMMAND 5
385 TAC 9
387 TAC 10
983 COUNTY TAC 1
985 COUNTY TAC 2
995 ICS 3
997 ICS 4
999 ICS 5
1001 ICS 6
1003 ICS 7
1005 ICS 8
1007 ICS 9
1009 ICS 10
1011 ICS 11

This is what I heard and wrote down and sorry I can not tell you what department they belong to my guess is ICS is sheriff dept.
from what I have heard while listening
1834 is imperial county animal control
363 IFM CMD 3 county fire
377 IFM CMD 5 county fire
361 IFM CMD 2 county fire
there are other county fire command and tac talkgroups in the 300s. im not listing as I have heard different names for the same talkgroup #
im not an expert im just trying to figure this out. im using sheriffs repeater in El Centro.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks @bryanhendrix and @desertscan for the notes on the new talkgroups, the following have been updated in the database:
IMCoCALL
IMCoTAC1 thru 4
IM L/AIR, M/AIR and F/AIR
IM ICS1 thru 11
IFM CMD 1 thru 5 and IFM TAC 1 thru 11

Unfortunately that probably means many other Imperial County talkgroups may also be out of date, and I'm now questioning law mutual aid (IM LE CMD and LE TAC channels), Imperial County Sheriff and Imperial County Fire. Please keep an eye out for new talkgroups (include an "ID Search" if you have a Uniden scanner or "wildcard" if you have a Whistler) and submit them when you confirm them. And let us know what Imperial County talkgroup ARE correct in the database as well. :)

bryanhendrix

persistent
yes, my Uniden is set for ID search and unknown talk groups arrive daily. I then listen to what is being said in order to identify what agency is using the 'unknown' talk group. As for law enforcement tactical channels, I have programmed into my Uniden, the info as listed in the database. No radio activity is heard on those 'tac' channels. I now believe the subscriber units, the radios, have not been programmed with a tactical channel. I fear the system manager is not wanting that information posted, made public. So, if and when the talk groups for tactical channels are discovered by me, I will offer my discovery. The reason I believe the system manager for NexGen RCS doesn't want the talk groups published -- this person is a premium subscriber on Radio Reference dot com. This person has a chance to offer all functioning talk groups, but, refuses.

bryanhendrix

persistent
Thanks @bryanhendrix and @desertscan for the notes on the new talkgroups, the following have been updated in the database:
IMCoCALL
IMCoTAC1 thru 4
IM ICS1 thru 11

Unfortunately that probably means many other Imperial County talkgroups may also be out of date, and I'm now questioning law mutual aid (IM LE CMD and LE TAC channels), Imperial County Sheriff and Imperial County Fire. Please keep an eye out for new talkgroups (include an "ID Search" if you have a Uniden scanner or "wildcard" if you have a Whistler) and submit them when you confirm them. And let us know what Imperial County talkgroup ARE correct in the database as well. :)
offer to you, the talk groups that are correct in the database .... I'm sure desert scan and myself can accommodate your request. Would you like verification of active talk groups posted here as a reply, or, shall we press the 'submit information' button?

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
offer to you, the talk groups that are correct in the database .... I'm sure desert scan and myself can accommodate your request. Would you like verification of active talk groups posted here as a reply, or, shall we press the 'submit information' button?

A reply here is fine, thank you! Submit would be for confirmed new information, but I am just curious in general about which categories of talkgroups in Imperial County are still working. For example Sheriff, County Fire, etc.

Last edited:

bryanhendrix

persistent
talk group that are functioning/received

Imp Cnty Inquiry Channel -- talk group 2585 - seldom heard. Perhaps due to officers not liking to change to this channel, or, due to my location

Imp Cnty Sheriff East Area Dispatch -- talk group 2587 - seldom heard (same as above)

Imp County Sheriff Dispatch 1 -- talk group 2467

Imp County Fire Dispatch 1 -- talk group 2569 - yes, talk group 2569 is where I recently overheard an alert tone, and then a radio dispatch. So, maybe, talk group 1703 works in Imp County near freeway 8 ?? no go where I am

Imp County Fire Mutual Aid -- the IFM channels , the command channels, the tac channels, the command tac channels, the channels/talk groups referred to by air rescue employees and a few fire employees - not me, they refer to them as IM channels, IFM channels....confusing - so, am I on tac 1 - command tac 1 , county call,tac 1 ... one too many desrcitpions for a simple radio channel.

IFM CMD 5 - talk group 367 -- not sure why I receive the audio on 367. It could be that 367 is the originating actual channel, and, the talk group of 1631 is a patch ... or, 1631 is the original and 367 is a patch. I guess it was confirmed that talk group 367 is functional, I see it's on the database master list.

The following dispatch 1 talk groups are functioning for the local city jurisdictions .. Calexico and Brawley at my location. Cannot confirm any tactical channel is functioning, cannot confirm any Fire Dispatch or Tac channel is functioning. They may work, however, due to being located within 3 miles of the NexGen transmitter at Salton City, Brawley and Calexico transmitters are rare to make an appearance.

The transmitter at Salton City for NexGen RCS / TDMA / Phase 2 / P25 ---- the control channel

is: 856.1125 Mhz and not what is in the database. Very frustrating for me until I discovered 'scandiego.com' -- once discovered & programmed, the Uniden 436 BCD went from zero to hero within 5 seconds

as for other functioning talk groups ... I shall wait to see if 'Desert Scan' wants to throw in his/her 2 cents ... possibly can confirm more due to being located further south in the Imperial County.

Last edited:

desertscan

IMCoCALL
IMCoTAC1 thru 4
IM ICS1 thru 11

I looked at the changes on the data base and you have
1703 ICFDISPFD im co fire disp
I have and hear county fire disp on
1699 HLTDISPFD I hear it on 2549
1691 CPT FD DISP I hear it in 2670 for some reason I have it as CPT FD TAC1 I could be wrong with that alpha tag.
if I see more that are off I will post

bryanhendrix

persistent
I looked at the changes on the data base and you have
1703ICFDISPFDim co fire disp
I have and hear county fire disp on
1699 HLTDISPFD I hear it on 2549
1691 CPT FD DISP I hear it in 2670 for some reason I have it as CPT FD TAC1 I could be wrong with that alpha tag.
if I see more that are off I will post
and the crowd goes wild ...!!!
cool / right on / far out /awesome

Desert Scan , thank you for your input. I do not feel singled out / alone / oppressed anymore by the 1 percent
you have actually taken the time to log in the R R dot com and share what you are receiving.

So, you agree, main dispatch for Imperial County Fire Department can be found on talk group: 2569

nice!

as for Calipatria - I believe I have heard something from them but did not catch the talk group ... 1699 looks correct , but, I'm sure the admin person wants verification from me, or, a third person before writing it on the wall .... uh, I mean - making the change here in the scanner bible - Radio Reference dot com.

Most cool if Holtville is being dispatched on two talk groups ... any idea what fire engine number/ brush fire number/ water tanker they identify as?

If Holtville is on talk group 2569 as station 3 through 9, then - yes I hear them as well.

Recently discover that Ocotillo Fire Depart is Imperial County Station 6

My area is normally covered by station 9

I assume station 1 and station 2 are in El Centro or Brawley ... have yet to take the drive and monitor those cities while motoring in the actual city. Maybe take photos of the fire rigs if it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings - photos here in the forum, is it possible?

as for the day you listened to the audio of the technician or whoever with the radio check on 90% of Imperial Fire Talk Groups ... I think I heard a little bit as well. I was amazed that it was taking place, and, if my scanner - pencil - paper was ready, I would have an awesome list of actual factual. I believe it was the one man calling Station 1 each and every radio check

Thanks

bryanhendrix

persistent
oh yeah, Desert Scan or any active listener that can post your opinion, your findings, your talk groups --- have you heard anything on a talk group that sounds similar to Imperial County Sheriff to CHP, or, Imp Cnty Sheriff to San Diego Sheriff, or, Imp Cnty Sheriff to BLM .... a comm center to comm center talk group?? a dispatch person to another dispatch person using 'Law CC' - with Imperial County agency initiating the call? Do they use the same one as the agencies in San Diego County, or, have their own as indicated in the list , the database ??

desertscan

Just heard Calipatria Fire Dept dispatch on 2760 . Heard on Brawley repeater but not on El Centro ( Imperial county sheriffs office )
In case you dont know Brawley dispatches for Westmorland and Calipatria PD and Fire too.

FYI. on data base it says Imperial city. police: see El Centro Police. El Centro police no longer has anything to do with Imperial city. Now Imperial county took over for dispatching. Imperial county sheriff dispatches for Imperial police and Fire now. Has been like this for a couple years now

bryanhendrix : nothing on El Centro or Winterhaven CHP talkgroups yet. they are still on low band 42. mhz

disp10

Premium Subscriber
I believe this document will help.

Attachments

• Imperial County TG Unbridge plan 1-3-20.pdf
    313.2 KB · Views: 38

jimbrogers

Premium Subscriber
I have a RCS question. Listening to SDSO Area 40 & 50. They mention switching a Santee incident to "Secure 5". I take it that is area 50, tac 3 that is encrypted? Is that correct? Also hearing request for "Delta Force", switching to Secure 5.

B

Premium Subscriber
I have a RCS question. Listening to SDSO Area 40 & 50. They mention switching a Santee incident to "Secure 5". I take it that is area 50, tac 3 that is encrypted? Is that correct? Also hearing request for "Delta Force", switching to Secure 5.

When I heard that, all of a sudden the “DES” talkgroups, south and north were active on my scanner. Mostly encrypted, but every once in a while a transmission was in the clear, just giving a hint to location and situation. I’m in north county, so I can’t give any info on the tac 3’s down south. Here in Vista, the tac 3 is encrypted, and never slips into the clear to give a hint.

SDBud

So, NorthCom has jumped on the computer dispatch bandwagon..

The voice is very similar to Escondido and San Diego (& Chula Vista), but is more human sounding (more natural sounding, and a bit faster), with better pronunciation. MUCH easier to listen to for me. They're dispatching on 4L for now..

bhesson

Premium Subscriber
Not able to hear fire working comms. I have the SDS100. Was listening to the Heartland & CalFire comms on the RCS Nextgen and there were several fires in east county. Was able to hear the command communications but not the operations or air to ground communications. I was actually in Santee and the fire was about 2 miles away. Any ideas on the channels/freqs they are using to work the incidents?

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Most wildland incidents go to Wildland Fire Operations
NextLevel.gif
vhf frequencies.