San Diego County/City Rebanding Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenS

I was just wondering if anyone knows where San Diego County/City stands in the rebanding process. I was just kind of wondering when all of this rebanding will take effect? The last I've heard, it seems the U.S. and (specifically affecting San Diego) Mexico can't come to many agreements. It seems that much of the rebanding chatter has quieted for the most part.

I guess my real questions are where are we (San Diego specifically) in this process? How long will it take for rebanding to be completed? Where will the current San Diego County and City Trunked systems relocate to? And, at what approximate date will my BC785D be obsolete? I was also wondering if anyone knows (rumors or otherwise) if with all the Homeland Security funding, if they will elect to encrypt the new city and county systems either completely, part-time, or just certain talk groups?

I know it's coming, I'm just wondering how close we are.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Steve

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You've got many years before you'll see rebanding in San Diego County because the Wave they are in plus being a border area.

In more than five years we can probably answer those questions. Wave 1 hasn't even retuned yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.