san diego county fire communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

dano3131

Possible or not to feed all

Here is the story. There is one san diego fire department feed that is always stuck on one channel so you miss a lot of the transmissions on the other frequencies. The san diego / pal-way feed does not cover all the san diego frequencies. I was wondering if it was possible to have someone feed all of san diego county fire frequencies on one feed (all cities included). That would be awesome. Is the county too large to put together such a feed? Just curious...

Is it possible to feed all on one scanner in the county? Yes you can get about 95% of it all but after looking at this its deemed way too much if you have multiple incidents running at one time you will never hear enough to follow anything. As the Rural feed provider and remote admin for HFD and the SD fire / Rescue systems and I was the original Imperial county provider and may be putting it back? You can't trunk the RCS reliably with most scanners as the RCS losses its end code bits and when this happens no matter what you have in your scan list you will hear everything till they reset the system. I run a device to keep the scanner in check and not allow this most of the time but not all the time hence I forget to turn it on some times. And can only do this to one simulcast system at a time and conventional channels. Any one can be a feed provider if you have decent internet, a scanner to dedicate you split the audio so you can hear it real time and something as small as the right HP thin client. laptop or pc. they are really simple to setup and I have software set up so they can be remotely controlled / modified as needed.

dano3131

RE: SD FIRE/RESQUE
I haven't looked at it in like a year ? I need to go in and install the the newer more horse power computers and clean it up I just need time work gets in the way.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The RCS looses it's end bits and you hear everything until they reset them? That sentence is confusing me. Sounds like you are saying there is a data glitch in scanners that when they loose a bit they go into search mode until reset?

Paul

JoeyC

The RCS looses it's end bits and you hear everything until they reset them? That sentence is confusing me. Sounds like you are saying there is a data glitch in scanners that when they loose a bit they go into search mode until reset?

Paul

Yeah confuses me too and is absolutely incorrect. I track the RCS just perfectly. Don't know what he is talking about unless he has his radio incorrectly programmed.

dano3131

RCS

Yeah confuses me too and is absolutely incorrect. I track the RCS just perfectly. Don't know what he is talking about unless he has his radio incorrectly programmed.

You boys must not use older scanners! As this is common with them. Not the newer ones. Only older generation which some use for feeding since they are cheap.

JoeyC

You boys must not use older scanners! As this is common with them. Not the newer ones. Only older generation which some use for feeding since they are cheap.

I use a 785D and a 796D that I routinely monitor RCS on without issues.

dano3131

San diego fire /rescue feed updated

SD FD AUDIO FEED was updated today it had a unforeseen birdy channel I removed and I removed all the HOSPITALS and ALS /BLS dispatches I hope all are happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.