San Diego county storm weather scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike619

I have a question if anyone can help as those are aware it is pretty stormy today in San Diego county and I was wondering if anyone knows what would be good to monitor with the severe weather?

teufler

Doesn't appear that there is a big interest in weather spotting in San Diego. Broadcastify has the most interest now in san diego on the 147.345 repeater

teufler

so any weather net, like we have in the midwest would have been useless. Weather radar on phones is great but it lacks eyes on the ground, which hams can provide. Many times here the weather bureau has wind indications by radar but further responses from radio operators on the ground, have resulted in weather emergencies being sat on .

Last edited by a moderator:

mrg1std

Premium Subscriber
In the past weather spotters used the East County Repeater Association(ERCA) repeater on Palomar Mountain 147.030.

Bill

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I don't think we have in SD what they consider weather in the midwest. Weather radar is all that is necessary...or a dog that howls at dark clouds! What would a spotter call out over the air anyway?

I typically scan SD Lifeguards, D1, D2, Rivercom and Rivertac...they tend to give updates continuously of where the cells are where the deluge is and where things are flooding out.

Paul

SDBud

Weather

Skywarn is usually active for larger storms, but I usually just pay more attention to CalTrans and County Roads. That, and the standard FD and Lifeguard channels, for possible rescues, which can and do pop up in some unexpected areas.

mike619

My setup now is the following

Heartland Fire
San Diego Fire
San Diego Lifeguard River channels
CHP RCS
SDG&E
Public Works Caltrans,CO,City
Water
Skywarn

Status
Not open for further replies.