San Diego county wildland fire programming VHF/UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike619

I was wondering how would one setup for wildland fire scanning what to program and in what order if anyone can help?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I keep three banks for wildfires....one for Commands, one for Tacs, and one for Air. I have 3 996XT's at hand, so I can quickly set each one up for a different aspect of a major fire. I typically put the most common used freq's first, like XSD, followed by CDF stuff, then Vtacs , then federal stuff.

Paul

SDBud

I was wondering how would one setup for wildland fire scanning what to program and in what order if anyone can help?

All wildland fires SHOULD be on the new XSD conventional channels. There are (supposedly) area assignments for each freq., but in practice they simply pick one and hope it worlks. IF not, they change on the fly.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully that is part of the VHF ops the county has been doing lately...I can't remember the last XSD incident I heard that did not include one or more units popping up on RCS advising they could not get out on the VHF repeater.

Paul

mike619

I keep three banks for wildfires....one for Commands, one for Tacs, and one for Air. I have 3 996XT's at hand, so I can quickly set each one up for a different aspect of a major fire. I typically put the most common used freq's first, like XSD, followed by CDF stuff, then Vtacs , then federal stuff.

Paul

When you mentioned federal stuff do you mean NIFC channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.