San Diego Countywide Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain

Hello All,

I was just monitoring with my Pro-95 and it stopped on 155.085 MHz. I have it listed as San Diego Fire RED. Isn't that correct?

The reason I ask is that the transmission I heard was very similar to a police broadcast and the call sign given was KGI 504 [or 405]. Or perhaps, KCI 504/405, it was a little difficult to hear.

Was I listening with the assistance of our ol' buddy solar "skip"?

Does anyone know who this might be?

Alain

rescue_pooh

Yes that is County Red. If you listen to it in the morning which is the only time I hear it being used you will hear CDF calling all zones letting them know if it's a yes or no burn day. I believe CDF goes by Echo. I usually hear it around 8 am.

n6766j

Re: San Diego County Red

rescue_pooh said:
Yes that is County Red. If you listen to it in the morning which is the only time I hear it being used you will hear CDF calling all zones letting them know if it's a yes or no burn day. I believe CDF goes by Echo. I usually hear it around 8 am.

CDF (Monte Vista) is Echo One and they ususally broadcast the air basin burn status at 0800. I am one of those that reply to that message at San Diego (Zone 3) KTX766...Tim

n6766j

SD County Red

Alain said:
Hello All,

I was just monitoring with my Pro-95 and it stopped on 155.085 MHz. I have it listed as San Diego Fire RED. Isn't that correct?

The reason I ask is that the transmission I heard was very similar to a police broadcast and the call sign given was KGI 504 [or 405]. Or perhaps, KCI 504/405, it was a little difficult to hear.

Alain

I wasn't aware there was enough propagation to "skip" in this band. Anyway, Rancho Fire (soon to be called North Comm) are the primary users of RED in San Diego County. The other time you might hear traffic is strike teams using it as an in-county travel channel to a large incident....Tim

rescue_pooh

Tim long time no see. Jeff Holz here still hangin out at AMR stationed in Alpine on Medic 17.

dangitdoug

rescue_pooh said:
Tim long time no see. Jeff Holz here still hangin out at AMR stationed in Alpine on Medic 17.

I may have run into you a couple of times. I worked security at Viejas for ten years. Left in 2004. Most of our calls were for Station-25, but we did on occasion feel the need to wake you guys up:)

Take care

Doug Kaser

Mick

155.085 pl tone

Hello. Is 103.5 ctcss still being used on 155.085 by San Diego FD? Thanks!

I receive 107.2 ctcss on 155.085 for Maywood PD. 127.3 Hz is used by Jurupa Community Services Water District on 155.085. I have not determined a pl tone for Banning on 155.085 yet.

Alain said:
Hello All,

Alain

n6766j

SD Fire PL

Mick said:
Hello. Is 103.5 ctcss still being used on 155.085 by San Diego FD? Thanks!

I receive 107.2 ctcss on 155.085 for Maywood PD. 127.3 Hz is used by Jurupa Community Services Water District on 155.085. I have not determined a pl tone for Banning on 155.085 yet.

I'll have to check it tonight and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.