San Diego Fire computerized dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

I have to admit, the computerized dispatch is growing on me.... o_O
Some of the mispronunciations are being "learned" to the system as they should but there are some that I am scratching my head over.

In a dispatch, while stating apparatus assigned, I will often hear something like "NLTCNOG" or "NTLS3" and various other "units" which are strings of letters/numbers. I don't ever remember the human dispatcher calling out these acronyms. Anybody have a clue or are my ears just not picking up on something obvious?

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
The computer dispatch reads exactly what has been assigned, which you can see here:

Anything ending with NOT at the end is a notification. For example LGNOT is Lifeguard Notification, SCNOT is Shift Command Notification. AOPNOT is Air Ops. It attaches them to the call so they are aware but may not officially be requested to respond yet.

The other strange unit numbers are normally mutual aid resources, you just have to kind figure out where the call is and decipher what the resources might be nearby from that. For example from a recent call they had:

Structure Highrise/Hospital
E San Ysidro Blvd XOf Border Village Rd/East Beyer Bl
Units: T29, E6, E30, E29, B6, CVB51, CVB52, CVE59, IBE39, M8, MVT238, Sdge, USAR53

CV*** is Chula Vista, then the unit (Bat 51, Bat 52, Engine 59)
IB*** Imperial Beach
MV*** I believe is Monte Vista / aka CDF resources
SDGE is whenever the need a gas or electric rep.

Others I have seen:
RGR*** is city park rangers.
ESC*** is Escondido Fire
PDS I believe is PD Support, for traffic control requests and such.

Semi-related, I scrape that dispatch page with a python app and have a sqlite database of every call going back several years if anyone is interested and wants to do some analysis of it.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The tones are driving me crazy...also, the 50+ complete start to finish dispatches for every unit added to a greater alarm fire drives me up the wall...probably because oif the tones.

Paul

JoeyC

The tones are driving me crazy...also, the 50+ complete start to finish dispatches for every unit added to a greater alarm fire drives me up the wall...probably because oif the tones.

Paul
Just had a trolley rescue that was probably dispatched 10 times over 10 minutes. LOL

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
The city also recently added this "Newsworthy Incidents" page that is pretty nice. It seems like it is built from the automated dispatch info but also has some human-updated notes, maybe from the dispatch supervisor?

JoeyC

LOL, the computer voice just went haywire. Sounded like the entire city was on fire as the list of assigned units was endless. Someone had to manually shut it down after the 30th or 40th unit was announced.

Edit: I guess they added resources to the USS Bonnhomme Richard fire, so the entire fleet was rebroadcast.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
What is necessary for station monitoring of the robot? SD City Fire is robot, but they dispatch Poway FD on 7B human voice.

Paul

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Sounds like they have computerized dispatch working for Poway. Calling the house 3711 is located as Poway Station 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.