San Diego Fire Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobes

Feed Provider
Frustrated because I couldn't find a reliable fire feed I turned to FireFeeds.com and opened an account. After listening for the past twelve hours or so, oh my god. The men and women fighting this disaster are hero's beyond belief.

I tip my hat to you brave dedicated people.

Brian from Illinois

brandon

Database Admin
I have a feed on ProScan but its very limited bandwidth-wise because of a slow internet connection, however it can handle a couple people besides myself.
For higher capacity there are folks running a feed on the SBN teamspeak network.
The San Diego Police Scanners site also has some live feeds which may have fire related traffic.

mikeh

FEMA coming to SOCAL freqs

FEMA coming to SOCAL
any idea where FEMA will set up their Repeters
they have three differene System any idea where
they might me .

thank you
for the help

dangitdoug

That's all we need right now!!

trooperdude said:
News reporting President coming to town On Tuesday or Wednesday to survey the damage, so head's up for a CAP and related traffic.

Mr. B's thoughts on coming to town.

"Gee I think I need to go to San Diego and divert hundreds of cops to protect me and shut down freeways so I can go have my picture taken next to some poor family's burned doen house. Boy, won't they be glad to see me!!"

SCPD

QRT
The SBN & IBN Feeds have been Incredible. Have used TeamSpeak for Battlefield but never to listen to scanners. Puts new fun into TS. Additionally, makes a few of us from Texas consider TS for our state.

trooperdude

Database Admin
MaxTracker said:
The SBN & IBN Feeds have been Incredible. Have used TeamSpeak for Battlefield but never to listen to scanners. Puts new fun into TS. Additionally, makes a few of us from Texas consider TS for our state.

During the CEDAR fire a few years back California OES discovered the Teamspeak feed and loved it.

They could get realtime updates in the Sacramento warning center 360 miles away, without the time lag waiting for formal reports.

Beauty of teamspeak is you can run your own server and clients within a private government network if you wanted to.

This year I noticed a few FEMA folks listening to San Diego fires as well.

Most of the Teamspeak servers sit in a data center on big pipes, and then each person that feeds only needs to stream a 16kbps client stream, which can even be done over a phone line or a satellite internet link and it's reflected to a large number of users.

Very versatile. Very low bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.