San Diego FreeSCAN and programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

Thanks for the correction Scott, I knew there'd be some mistake somewhere. :mad:

I'm not real sure of the boundaries of the Heartland zones, I don't listen to Heartland on a regular basis.

KJ6ZNS

Heartland 3 location ?
Heartland 4 location ?
Heartland 5 location ?

Has to do with radio programming, not location

Zone 1 - NorthComm Channels A - P, 1A, 1B, 1C, etc
Zone 2 - Escondido Channels A - P
Zone 3 - Heartland Channels A - P
Zone 4 - Heartland Channels A - P
Zone 5 - Heartland Channels A - P
Zone 6 - Chula Vista Channels A - P (now most of South Bay)
Zone 7 - San Diego Channels A - P
Zone 8 - San Diego Channels A - P
Zone 9 - San Diego Channels A - P
Zone 10 - CalFire MVU Channels A - P

leaf

Premium Subscriber
Revisiting San Diego programming

Hi all,

My dad has asked me to reach out to you all again because he has been experiencing some issues with his scanner. He seems to not be hearing some of the channels that he would normally hear. He sent me his scanner because he thought that a bunch of stuff was locked out. I cleared most of the lockouts and sent it back, but he still cannot hear CHP or East County (La Mesa).

Has anything major changed in the RF landscape last couple months?

A few years back there was a guy who met him and loaded a nicely done program on the scanner... I think he actually reached out because of this thread....

If we cant find some help here he will probably go see if the guys over at HRO can help.

Thanks all for your time :)

-leaf

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Leaf,

RCS (San Diego County Regional Communication System) south rebanded, so the control channels changed. That would have the La Mesa PD, CHP El Cajon office, the fire and all of that.

Not sure if you know, but CHP El Cajon is on the RCS where as the rest of CHP in San Diego is still on the VHF low band.

daddo46

Hi Guy's ... Leaf's Pop Here Mike ... Am Here In San Diego, La mesa To Be Exact ... Can I Hook Up In My Area And Get My Scanner Reprogrammed For East County By You? Without Sending Unit To New York? ... I Must Report I Am A Crazy Listner Not Technical ... 10-4? pOp's

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Both the South and East cells "rebanded" in March. The frequencies used by your scanner to detect the conversations moved. You will need to change (or have someone change) the frequency programming to the new frequencies.

Don

kma371

QRT
Do you know how to hook it up to a computer program? You can just send us your file, read from the scanner, we can adjust it and send the file back. Let me know

daddo46

Question? ... I Would Be Happy To Send (Mail) My Scanner Out To Have It Set Up For San Diego RCS East I Believe That's It ...And I Am Happy To Pay For This Service ... Thanks For All Help MT

Status
Not open for further replies.