San Diego / Imperial Co Regional Communications System Update Thread

scottyhetzel

The North site is still Type II Splinter as far as I know...that is how my 996XT''s are programmed with CC only, and they are working.

Have you tried the custom bandplan yet? I know when the South site was not yet rebanded, but in the week or so leading up to it, the custom bandplan worked on it as splinter and afterbanded, with the system set to custom.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Never tried custom band plan...

Prog. north cell splinter with the new freq. ? I thought don said it’s all mot standard . No more splinter.

I don’t hardly ever go south... just fallbrook . Thx

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Last time I tried to put the North as Motorola Standard, with the 863.1500 control channel, my 996XT would not trunk it. I don't think Motorola Standard will work until the new rebanded control channel goes "live". On the South reband, we put in the custom band plan (see that forum post), which worked on the South site before it went rebanded, and after, with no intervention or reprogramming necessary. It seems the custom bandplan accounts for standard and splinter frequencies, but someone more knowledgeable would need to confirm that.

Paul

givenscj

North Site rebranding?

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new radio newbie but have been a fast learner so far. I have been successfully listening to the North Cell for monitoring the city of encinitas sherrif and all these crazy folks running around for the past year but my Uniden 396XT stop picking up the channels recently. I noticed the rebranding going on and using the information here (https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Rebanding#What_does_rebanding_actually_do.3F) I was able to setup the custom band plans for the North cell site. Unfortunately, I get nothing. I see someone mentioned that mid-August the north cell would be complete?

Am I too early and the rebranding is going on right now 8/19/2018 or did I possibly do something wrong? I see the North site says Rebranded:YES, so I'd assume the control channels have been updated on the site?

Did I do something wrong? Is my scanner just not capable of picking up the new scheme? Or is there a transition going on right now?

Thanks for any and all info!
Chris

seh911

Feed Provider
Hi all,

I'm a fairly new radio newbie but have been a fast learner so far. I have been successfully listening to the North Cell for monitoring the city of encinitas sherrif and all these crazy folks running around for the past year but my Uniden 396XT stop picking up the channels recently. I noticed the rebranding going on and using the information here (https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Rebanding#What_does_rebanding_actually_do.3F) I was able to setup the custom band plans for the North cell site. Unfortunately, I get nothing. I see someone mentioned that mid-August the north cell would be complete?

Am I too early and the rebranding is going on right now 8/19/2018 or did I possibly do something wrong? I see the North site says Rebranded:YES, so I'd assume the control channels have been updated on the site?

Did I do something wrong? Is my scanner just not capable of picking up the new scheme? Or is there a transition going on right now?

Thanks for any and all info!
Chris
Your radio will definitely work. I just downloaded the programming into Freescan via Radioreference . But you have to have a premium membership for that.

kma371

QRT
Folks instead of creating new threads everytime you have a question for RCS, just use this existing thread. thats what its there for.

all the updates to the rebanding have been submitted and i went in and updated the DB to reflect changes. all should be good.

otismyman

Premium Subscriber
Hey All,

Don't know much about programming scanners so I did not pay much attention to this thread.......until now!

I have a TRX-1 and a Home Patrol 1 that no longer are receiving any RCS frequencies. SDPD works great in both scanners. I'm in Encinitas Area and had no problems picking up until the reband.

Firmware is up to date in both and looking for help to restore the comms? Any help would be appreciated.

givenscj

Figured out what I was doing wrong

Your radio will definitely work. I just downloaded the programming into Freescan via Radioreference . But you have to have a premium membership for that.

Thanks for the reply.

The control frequency wasn't updated for North Cell on the radio reference site [https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=499] the day I was inputting them. I was putting in the old frequencies. Once I found this thread [http://forums.radioreference.com/sa.../368719-sd-rcs-north-cell-3.html#post2982995], entering in these control frequencies worked and I'm back in business!

Looks like the San Diego RCS page is updated now as the rows are now Green.

Thank you!
Chris

Alain

Manually entering frequencies

"Your radio will definitely work. I just downloaded the programming into Freescan via Radioreference . But you have to have a premium membership for that."

seh911, since it was not mentioned, there are several ways to input the 4-digit frequencies for the North Cell.

On my 996t, I went into the FREESCAN software, clicked on the tab, "Site Setup" and then clicked the drop-down menu to change from "...Splinter" to "Standard Type II" Next, click the tab "Trunk Frequencies", then manually placed the new, 4-digit frequencies into the "Frequency" boxes provided. Less than 10 minutes to accomplish the task. This task can also be accomplished by entering the data from the front of your scanner, as well.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
"Your radio will definitely work. I just downloaded the programming into Freescan via Radioreference . But you have to have a premium membership for that."

seh911, since it was not mentioned, there are several ways to input the 4-digit frequencies for the North Cell.

On my 996t, I went into the FREESCAN software, clicked on the tab, "Site Setup" and then clicked the drop-down menu to change from "...Splinter" to "Standard Type II" Next, click the tab "Trunk Frequencies", then manually placed the new, 4-digit frequencies into the "Frequency" boxes provided. Less than 10 minutes to accomplish the task. This task can also be accomplished by entering the data from the front of your scanner, as well.

I can't see a way to modify the bandplan in a 996T without using FreeScan...can only modify the frequencies.

Paul

SDBud

Hey All,

Don't know much about programming scanners so I did not pay much attention to this thread.......until now!

I have a TRX-1 and a Home Patrol 1 that no longer are receiving any RCS frequencies. SDPD works great in both scanners. I'm in Encinitas Area and had no problems picking up until the reband.

Firmware is up to date in both and looking for help to restore the comms? Any help would be appreciated.

Just grab the new freqs from the database, and instsall them. Simple.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
For the TRX1, copy the scanner SD to EZ Scan. Select your RCS system or systems. Select the site or sites. Change the control channel frequencies to the updated ones listed currently on the RR database. Then change Splinter to Custom as system type. Copy back to scanner, and your RCS is fixed. You will have to do the same to the SD City system when it rebands in the future.

I forgot how the Sentinel program works, but read the scanner, change system type from Splinter to Motorola Standard. Change control channel frequencies to those in the RRdb as well.

Paul

2wayfreq

Oh Good,
Looks like the 996T is compatible. My mother in law has one in Fallbrook. I'll have to go update it for her. Any firmware updates recommended?

otismyman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys! Up and running. Only thing that was different was when I set the TRX to Custom or Splinter, it no worky.... I set it to Normal and everything works???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyhetzel

For the TRX1, copy the scanner SD to EZ Scan. Select your RCS system or systems. Select the site or sites. Change the control channel frequencies to the updated ones listed currently on the RR database. Then change Splinter to Custom as system type. Copy back to scanner, and your RCS is fixed. You will have to do the same to the SD City system when it rebands in the future.

I forgot how the Sentinel program works, but read the scanner, change system type from Splinter to Motorola Standard. Change control channel frequencies to those in the RRdb as well.

Paul

You wrote splinter to custom, than wrote splinter to mot standard. It’s standard right?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
When you select CUSTOM in EZscan, the default standard trunking bandplan is entered into the fields/boxes. Not to be confused with the Default "trunking table type"...I don't know what that does. Uniden uses the terminology "standard" in their menu and programming software. Sorry for the confusion.

Paul

Gene

Premium Subscriber
My group has been told to have our RCS radios available for the radio techs to reprogram later in February. The word encryption is included in the email. Hopefully that does not mean full time but rather to just have the availability if needed on the law enforcement talkgroups.