San Diego / Imperial Co Regional Communications System Update Thread

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
So how do we program the bandplan for the rebanded south and east cells into Uniden and Whistler scanners? I think we can determine the rebanded control channels. Is the bandplan the same for the north and south as far as scanners receive? I have my Unidens programmed with a "SmartZone" bank which has all of the control channels in it, so when I go out into east county or up to Pala it just finds the only CC it can receive and starts trunking.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I entered the custom rebanding bandplan from the RR WiKi into my 996XT, removing my old splinter non rebanded site, and the scanner is trunking just fine on the RCS south splinter site. I am not getting any talkgroup directs to muted audio or incorrect frequencies, and I already have the rebanded control channels loaded into my CC list, so I would assume that this should end up being a seamless transition, at least for my Uniden's.

Paul

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The East Simulcast retune is complete as of today. Control channels are 853.9250, 853.3750, and 852.9500.

Don

carlt

Don, or anyone who might know, is the tower going up southwest of the 52 and Kearny Villa (approximately) part of the county RCS Next Gen or something else? It is easily visible from the 52.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Don, or anyone who might know, is the tower going up southwest of the 52 and Kearny Villa (approximately) part of the county RCS Next Gen or something else? It is easily visible from the 52.

Something else. It is the new San Diego Area office for CHP to replace the current Pacific Highway location. (The tower is 'cookie cutter' for State facilities, these days.)

Don

Attachments

• New CHP SD Area tower.jpg
    New CHP SD Area tower.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I can probably pick up their office "extender" transmissions from my house when they move there...heh.

Paul

desertscan

Scanners not working after rebanding

My RS pro 106 & 197 are not working after rebanding. The El Centro site has changed control channel to 855.4125 thats what I found on tune mode. El Centro, SD East and SD South no longer working it seems to follow the system just fine but I hear no sound then it stops on a ID. Is there something I need to change? I thought the pro 106 & 197 where rebanding capable. I just ordered a new Whistler TRX-1 so I could keep listening with all the new changes coming up.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
When you say you see it stop on teh channel, but no audio, are you referring to seeing it stop on a rebanded FREQUENCY, or just the talkgroup ID? With the bandplan incorrectly set, the scanner will display the talkgroup it was looking to hear, but it will be sent to the wrong frequency.

Change your system type from splinter to 800 standard.

Paul

desertscan

When you say you see it stop on teh channel, but no audio, are you referring to seeing it stop on a rebanded FREQUENCY, or just the talkgroup ID? With the bandplan incorrectly set, the scanner will display the talkgroup it was looking to hear, but it will be sent to the wrong frequency.

Change your system type from splinter to 800 standard.

Paul

Yes it stops on a talkgroup ID and no sound but I just the system type and it seems to be working now on the El Centro and SD East sites. It seems to work now and I just spent $500+ on a new scanner.

Thank you.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
If your new scanner is phase II, then it was not money wasted. :)

Paul

SDBud

My RS pro 106 & 197 are not working after rebanding. The El Centro site has changed control channel to 855.4125 thats what I found on tune mode. El Centro, SD East and SD South no longer working it seems to follow the system just fine but I hear no sound then it stops on a ID. Is there something I need to change? I thought the pro 106 & 197 where rebanding capable. I just ordered a new Whistler TRX-1 so I could keep listening with all the new changes coming up.

Are you using 'control channel only'? If you are, that might be the problem. If NOT, make sure you have ALL the new channels entered, replacing the old freqs.

desertscan

Are you using 'control channel only'? If you are, that might be the problem. If NOT, make sure you have ALL the new channels entered, replacing the old freqs.

Yes using control channel only. Scanners are working now after I changed the system type from splinter to standard/default. I have 2 pro 106's reprogrammed 1 to all system frequencies and both side by side are working the same listening to the El Centro site but I did notice that the 106's on EL Centro site are not picking up all transmissions that my pro197 is picking up on the Superstition site. main one I noticed is sheriff they where on Superstition site but not on El Centro site ?. Ill see monday if the SD South works with the system type change. I do have a new scanner on its way and its time to upgrade.

Thank you

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Black Mountain, El Centro and Hendrix were retuned last week. Superstition, Calexico, Ocotillo Wells and Brawley have yet to be done.

scottyhetzel

I have a few questions...

1. Looks like all the sites are rebanded per the web site. However Don says a few are Not done yet,

2. Where is site 9 , what the name of the mountain ?

3. I assume all sites will np e 800/ standard... no more splinter cells?

Thank you in advance.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Desert, there is a previous post regarding the South rebanding, and it has the CUSTOM BANDPLAN that is confirmed to work on the South and East sites when they were in the process of, prebanded and rebanded. To clarify that, the custom bandplan will work on a site that has yet to be rebanded, but is about to be, and will continue to receive after the control channel rebands without user intervention.

Is the word prebanded a thing? :)

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I have a few questions...

1. Looks like all the sites are rebanded per the web site. However Don says a few are Not done yet,

2. Where is site 9 , what the name of the mountain ?

3. I assume all sites will np e 800/ standard... no more splinter cells?

Thank you in advance.

1. All of the sites have their post-rebanding frequencies listed in the database. Frequencies above 857.2500 (or frequencies between 854.000 and 857.250 with 3 digits after the decimal) are pre-rebanding. Once the North Cell is completed mid-August, the DB will be updated to remove the "pre-" frequencies.
  2. "Site 9" is the test site in San Diego (had been Site 51).
  3. Correct. No more 'splinter' cells.
Don

scottyhetzel

Thanks Don

I just created a new mot 800mhz standard type 2 trunking site ( north cell new) ... added all freq. for the north cell and turned off control channel only on my Uniden 996xt. Last week I was down in San Diego with control channel only programming ...I got zippo.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The North site is still Type II Splinter as far as I know...that is how my 996XT''s are programmed with CC only, and they are working.

Have you tried the custom bandplan yet? I know when the South site was not yet rebanded, but in the week or so leading up to it, the custom bandplan worked on it as splinter and afterbanded, with the system set to custom.

Paul