San Diego / Imperial Co Regional Communications System Update Thread

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Have heard talk of scrambling communications, any truth to this?

Asked and answered before, but the short answer is no, the longer answer is that there will be some dedicated always encrypted talkgroups, with the option to toggle on encryption on some others if an agency wishes to for a specific incident or reason.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
As Paul indicated, not as a System mandate. That said, the existing common encrypted LE talkgroups will remain encrypted, and individual agencies have the option of encrypting their talkgroups as they see fit.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
October Meeting Reminder:

NEXTGEN RCS BOARD OF DIRECTORS REGULAR MEETING
Next Meeting Date:
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 1:00 PM
5500 Overland Ave., Room 120, San Diego, CA 92123
FREE PUBLIC PARKING
There is a parking garage adjacent to the meeting room.

* RCS Site Projects Status
* NextGen RCS Project Status

October board meeting agenda will be posted later this week.

SDBud

Input the new systems (N, W, E, and S) into my old 996 tonight, and getting tons of traffic, ON the new TG IDs.
South Zone is very loud and clear here in search mode..

But I have a 996P ordered, will be here Tuesday.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I have not yet registered any P2 traffic on my SDS200's, everything I have listened to for the last week, when I look at the Phase indicator, has always shown as Phase 1 P25.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Input the new systems (N, W, E, and S) into my old 996 tonight, and getting tons of traffic, ON the new TG IDs.
South Zone is very loud and clear here in search mode..

But I have a 996P ordered, will be here Tuesday.

Not loading the NE, Bud?

SDBud

Not loading the NE, Bud?

Not yet, just wanted to see WHAT I could hear on the new freqs. Working on entering all the TGs so that I will have it ready when the new radio gets here, plus I have at least 3 others in line for programming after I do my own.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Not yet, just wanted to see WHAT I could hear on the new freqs. Working on entering all the TGs so that I will have it ready when the new radio gets here, plus I have at least 3 others in line for programming after I do my own.

Every North County FD and Law agency except Poway and Calfire. All of the south county FD and Law except Sheriff's and CHP and SDSU and Calfire.

Paul

carlt

Don, curious. I have always had good reception on the RCS South, but usually with 3-4 bars. The NG South I always have 5 bars. I don't think I have seen less. Was an antenna installed on Mt. Miguel?? I could almost hit the hill with something. Tks.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Don, curious. I have always had good reception on the RCS South, but usually with 3-4 bars. The NG South I always have 5 bars. I don't think I have seen less. Was an antenna installed on Mt. Miguel?? I could almost hit the hill with something. Tks.

Mt. Miguel has been a site from day one. New antenna (and pattern) on the NG side.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Getting -45dBm on SDS200 for Site 41 from 47th and the SR94. From the same spot, old RCS hits me with around -50dBm, and SD City 700 hits me around -60-70dBm...that spot is direct line of site to Miguel, Otay, Point Loma, and maybe Soledad with a slight Coke plant shodow.

Paul

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Hodad,

More than trickle, I have submitted updates for every trunk group which I have seen activity on that I have captured using Unitrunker monitoring the West and South cells. The data base admins are though about half of my submissions.

hodad200

Hodad,

More than trickle, I have submitted updates for every trunk group which I have seen activity on that I have captured using Unitrunker monitoring the West and South cells. The data base admins are though about half of my submissions.

appreciate your work. Just posting in this thread for those that might not check the DB as religiously as others.