San Diego RCS going into failsoft intentionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber

karldotcom

You should hear something if you programmed all the trunked channels in your banks. If you programmed control channel only, I would think you wont hear much

W6KRU

I have a conventional system on my Unidens and a conventional scanlist on my GRE that have all of the VCs for the north zone. During failsoft I can scan these but you have to be proactive.

RKG

Failsoft and site trunking are not the same thing.

Site trunking applies to a system that uses multiple "zones" (where, for this purpose, a "zone" means a combination of SysID and control channel) that are normally connected by a system controller (allowing traffic to pass from one zone to another), where the system controller fails. Each zone continues to function as a trunked system, but each passes only traffic that originated on itself.

Failsoft applies to any type of SmartNet/SmartZone system. It applies where the control channel fails and the subscriber radio, if so programmed, changes to a voice channel repeater frequency and stays there, functioning as a conventional (i.e., non-trunked) repeater system until the control channel is restored.

Site trunking should be transparent to a consumer grade trunking receiver, since your radio will continue to see a control channel data stream. Most likely, though, if the zone you're listening to goes into failsoft, you'll hear nothing over the trunked programming.

W6KRU

Failsoft and site trunking are not the same thing.

Site trunking applies to a system that uses multiple "zones" (where, for this purpose, a "zone" means a combination of SysID and control channel) that are normally connected by a system controller (allowing traffic to pass from one zone to another), where the system controller fails. Each zone continues to function as a trunked system, but each passes only traffic that originated on itself.

Failsoft applies to any type of SmartNet/SmartZone system. It applies where the control channel fails and the subscriber radio, if so programmed, changes to a voice channel repeater frequency and stays there, functioning as a conventional (i.e., non-trunked) repeater system until the control channel is restored.

Site trunking should be transparent to a consumer grade trunking receiver, since your radio will continue to see a control channel data stream. Most likely, though, if the zone you're listening to goes into failsoft, you'll hear nothing over the trunked programming.

If you have some intelli-peaters that are used as fill sites, how are they going to function in a failsoft condition?

W6KRU

If you have some intelli-peaters that are used as fill sites, how are they going to function in a failsoft condition?

I managed to resolve this for myself with some research. Units in range of an intelirepeater continue to communicate on a trunk but they are unable to communicate with the units that are in the failsoft condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.