San Diego RCS TRF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarshl

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone furnish some information on the Transportable Radio Facility that is associated with the San Diego County RCS? I understand that it is a stand alone trunked system that can be used used to supplement RCS. Is this correct and what frequencies does it use? Thanks

SDWolfman

Feed Provider
If I remember my training correctly, it is a stand alone trunking system. It is a trailer that can be brought to a location when the RCS system does not have coverage or for special events. They used it during the fire storms and during the Del Mar Fairs. It does not tie into the RCS system. Every radio on the RCS system has a separate zone for this system with several command and tac talkgroups. I do not know the frequencies for the TRF.

Last edited:

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone furnish some information on the Transportable Radio Facility that is associated with the San Diego County RCS? I understand that it is a stand alone trunked system that can be used used to supplement RCS. Is this correct and what frequencies does it use? Thanks

As previously noted, the TRF is a stand-alone single-site system mounted into a fifth-wheel trailer. It is used to augment coverage when needed, or it can be used to provide a separate trunked system in an area where coverage is marginal or does not exist (we do have them). It has the capability to provide interoperability to the RCS or to conventional channels on VHF Lo & Hi, UHF, and 800 MHz.

It is available to any member agency of the RCS for a pre-planned event, or in an emergency.

jmarshl

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your replies. Would I be able to hear it, when in operation, by scanning the RCS and local interop frequencies?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Thanks for your replies. Would I be able to hear it, when in operation, by scanning the RCS and local interop frequencies?
It has its own separate frequencies.

Think of it as completely separate system with all different information.

Status
Not open for further replies.