San Francisco "B5"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys. I work as a dispatcher for a security company in the Bayview district of San Francisco, CA. Part of my job is to monitor radio traffic in the area, and I just noticed today that SFPD is switching to a channel called "B5," to work the 49ers game today. I checked the frequency database, and I don't see "B5" anywhere. I'm posting this here because I was hoping someone maybe solved this 'lil puzzle already.

SCPD

QRT
Most likely Tac 5 - but just a guess.

SFPD/FD often refers to their channels the way they are programmed into the radio's zone and channel assignments. B5 of course referring to Zone B, channel 5.

If it were me, I'd probably scan all the tac channels until I determined which one they were using.

Well.

Hey, thanks for the quick response. I made that same assumption until I realized that I have that channel (Tac 5) programmed and unlocked, and haven't heard a blip of radio traffic.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
San Francisco County/City Trunking System, San Francisco, California - Scanner Frequencies

Under "Citywide/Mutual Aid" talkgroups, you'll see:

13520 - EVENT 1
13552 - EVENT 2
13584 - SAFEVT 1
13616 - SAFEVT 2
13648 - SAFEVT 3

I believe there's also an "EVENT 3", but I don't know the talkgroup ID. Those channels are used extensively by SFPD for games and special events, especially the public safety event (SAFEVT) 1 thru 3.

I'll bet you B5 is one of those. ;)

sffire

Premium Subscriber
These are special events channel. They use them for the giants or 49er games. Sometimes other large events. Once in a while, Fire and Medics will also be on this talk group if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.