San Francisco Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I would be a newcomer to the city of San Francisco if I get hired. I have a question about monitoring the Police out there, how do I know who "Company A B J TI Central Southern", etc is? Is A B the shifts and the rest the section of the city? Thanks for the anticpated help.

Mike

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
If you google the SFPD website they have a list of all their stations. The letters next to the talkgroups in the database correspond to the 2nd digit of an officer's unit ID given over the radio (which is the designator for which station they're based from). See this thread for a previous discussion of this topic:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119637&highlight=SFPD+Unit

-Inigo

rooivalk

Treasure Island (T.I) is part of the Southern Police District.

There's ten policing districts in S.F., each labeled with a letter. The oldest is Co. A, Central (i.e. Chinatown, Downtown, North beach areas) and the newest is Co. J, which encompasses the Tenderloin District.

The trunked radio system is a bit of a mess (in coverage, usage, feedback problems), as there are two channels assigned to each Dispatch Area. The Dispatch channel is used in the radio cars (taking the place of the old Low-Band 45MHZ system, and these are still in the cars as a back-up system). The "Service" channel is for the hand-helds, replacing the old UHF P.I.C system.

Status
Not open for further replies.