San Francisco Public Safety System Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

footage

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the status of the long-postponed migration to the new P25 system, aside from the few talkgroups documented in the RR database? And is anyone documenting new TGs coming online? Legacy SFPD talkgroups are more silent than usual these days. Thanks in advance to anyone who might know.

footage

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday I saw activity on TG 624 (probably enc.), 15312 and 15728, none currently listed in DB. The last two are probably Fire. I'll play them back and post any indications of what they might be.

officer_415

Database Admin
I thought we were talking about the P25 system? 15312 is EMS 3, which is barely used anymore as city ambulances are dispatched on FD A1-A3. It was tagged deprecated a while back, but now RR is automatically deleting anything tagged deprecated.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I thought we were talking about the P25 system? 15312 is EMS 3, which is barely used anymore as city ambulances are dispatched on FD A1-A3. It was tagged deprecated a while back, but now RR is automatically deleting anything tagged deprecated.

Since deprecated tags are being deleted much faster these days, please resubmit this talkgroup so it can be added back.

General PSA: Please do not submit requests to tag things deprecated unless you are 100% sure the talkgroup/frequency is actually gone! Keep in mind that smart agencies often retain their unused channels in a backup capacity and we should update the descriptions as such rather than deleting them entirely. Remember that it is RR policy that we may not change the database based on “unconfirmed” info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.