San Jacinto County Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpckty1

Here's what is currently listed for San Jacinto County. You will need a digital capable scanner, since the Sheriff's Department is using a digital signal. There are digital talkgroups listed, but so far, no one has verified that the TxWarn system is active in San Jacinto County. But, it is coming, so you should get at digital trunking scanner, preferably one that will do Phase II. See the RR Wiki for info.

San Jacinto County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

154.84500*WPZA831*RM 064 NAC San Jac SO 1 Sheriff Dispatch*P25*

155.52000*WQAF646*M CSQ San Jac SO10 Sheriff Talk-around*FM*

Melkins

I have these frequencies. The main channel 155.845 is now just for EMS. They went to digital almost a year ago.... All the other frequencies are for fire and ems.
Thanks, but any further help I sure would appreciate it. The same for Liberty County....only the old frequencies (used for EMS) are listed.
Mag Elkins

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Digital Talk Groups

Trying to get the new digital frequencies for San Jacinto County Sheriff Department before I invest in new scanner.

I observed the various conventional frequencies posted; however, if you buy a digital scanner, you might want to monitor the TxWarn P25 system for their eventual migration to this Phase II Digital Trunking System. As indicated by the San Jacinto County talk groups (channels), the future channels will be Phase I, as indicated by the "D" in the mode column. I don't know if this county will follow other agencies into Phase II digital like Houston PD. If you buy a radio, I strongly recommend that it be capable of Phase II reception. Houston PD moved to Phase II as indicated by the "T" in the mode column. Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) (P25) Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Any suggestion on scanner I need to get these frequencies? Need to know this as soon as you can !
Thanks
From what I'm seeing in the database, as well as the previous comments by bpckty1 and Ensnared, it appears that your county, as well as Liberty county, will be moving to the TxWARN P25 system.

While your two counties of interest are currently assigned P25 Phase I talkgroups (designated by the "D" in the mode column), other comments I've seen is that eventually, all users on this system may be moved to Phase II talkgroups in the next year or so. Those are deignated by a "T" in the mode column. Houston PD & FD, as well as some of the smaller cities, are already Phase II.

Phase II capable scanners, which also would cover Phase I, and conventional P25 (digital) channels, as well as the older analog only ones, include (in no particular order):
Uniden:
Home Patrol-2
BCD325P2 (hand-held)
BCD996P2 (base/mobile)
BCD436HP (hand held)
BCD536HP (base/mobile)

Whistler:
WS1080 & WS1088 (hand helds)
WS1095 & WS1098 (base/mobile)
TRX-1 (hand held)
TRX-2 (base/mobile)

RadioShack Pro-668 (essentially the same as the WS1080, made by Whistler for Radio Shack) Unless you got an absolute deal of the day on this one, I personally would not recommend it, as Radio Shack has shown signs that they will not support this model (or any other scanners) for repair or firmware updates.

GRE (manufacturer no longer exists)
PSR-800 (discontinued, capable of Phase II with a firmware update)

The Uniden 436HP & 536HP have an available update (for a fee) to add DMR (MotoTRBO) capability. Whistler has firmware updates (no charge) to add DMR for the WS1080, -1088, -1095, and -1098.
DMR is also available on the TRX-1 & TRX-2, and an update for NXDN (at no charge) is due by the end of the year for the TRX series scanners.

Melkins

Know what I will be doing all day.... Thanks for information. I am retired from Lib Co. Sheriff Dept...., but no help there ! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.