San Jose Fire has switched to 700 MHz P25 Phase 2 Trunk SVRCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmh603

The Command Channels are cut over and Dispatch is still simulcasting for a few more days.

San Jose Fire has switched over to the svrcs system and also County Fire has switched over as well!
it seems like they have yet to switch tac channels over to the new system and still use analog. on the Alameda county system, ALCO uses talk groups for tac which can be heard from across the region. looking forward to when SJFD and SC county fire make this switch over as well. It seems strange to carry around 2 radios when the new very expensive system was designed to replace the old system.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
it seems like they have yet to switch tac channels over to the new system and still use analog. on the Alameda county system, ALCO uses talk groups for tac which can be heard from across the region. looking forward to when SJFD and SC county fire make this switch over as well. It seems strange to carry around 2 radios when the new very expensive system was designed to replace the old system.

If they have multiband radios, they wouldn't need to carry two radios.

It's also possible that they've decided to keep some analog fireground channels in use separate from the trunked system. NFPA requires a simplex channel be available.

officer_415

Database Admin
San Jose Fire and County Fire are both still simulcasting on analog today. Does anyone know if Mountain View Fire and/or Palo Alto Fire have transitioned yet? I believe Milpitas has transitioned and their UHF channel seems to be quiet.

officer_415

Database Admin
The only fire agencies yet to transition are Gilroy Fire and the Cal Fire contract cities. Everyone else is on SVRCS

Do you know if any other agencies are still simulcasting on analog? The old channels all seem quiet except for San Jose Fire and County Fire, but I don't spend much time in range of this area.

Do you know if any other agencies are still simulcasting on analog? The old channels all seem quiet except for San Jose Fire and County Fire, but I don't spend much time in range of this area.
I haven’t heard any others except for San Jose Fire and occasionally SCCoFire. When ever they have a a mutual aid incident like a vehicle accident over on 101 near Bailey rd or Monterey and bailey road area, or McKean Rd, then they “patch” cmd 21 or 22 or whatever new command frequency that is open for the incident with command 13 so cal fire can hear, I haven’t heard cal fire taking on command 13 that comes through on my sds200 on the SVRCS side though, so I think the units on scene turn their radio to command 13 also so cal fire can communicate back.

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
I haven’t heard any others except for San Jose Fire and occasionally SCCoFire. When ever they have a a mutual aid incident like a vehicle accident over on 101 near Bailey rd or Monterey and bailey road area, or McKean Rd, then they “patch” cmd 21 or 22 or whatever new command frequency that is open for the incident with command 13 so cal fire can hear, I haven’t heard cal fire taking on command 13 that comes through on my sds200 on the SVRCS side though, so I think the units on scene turn their radio to command 13 also so cal fire can communicate back.
I did hear a Command 21/Command11 patch the other day and a Battalion Chief from Cal Fire did come up on analog and I could hear it on command 21 through the patch.

I did hear a Command 21/Command11 patch the other day and a Battalion Chief from Cal Fire did come up on analog and I could hear it on command 21 through the patch.
Awesome to hear! I haven’t really been listening to the scanner the last 10 days as I’m about to re texture my entire room before setting up a much more organized system on a shelf. I just listen right before I go to sleep now.

Status
Not open for further replies.