San Juan Co. Fire channels

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Before I start down my next rabbit hole,,,,,, does anyone have a recent (year or two old) listing of the San Juan County Fire TAC/FIRE channels? The list in the RRDB is not accurate/complete, IMO. I found a topic from 2013 with a list that was what I am looking for but this too is not accurate today. NM - Farmington - FD Radio Channels - 2013

In advance, thanks.

-Randy Buxton

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
The link/list from 2013 referred to a "Four Corners FOG". I am not able to find that on the web..... not sure if it has been updated to current info.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Was it San Juan that was doing p25 now and had plans to transition to 700mhz eventually? If I'm correct I recall someone saying they wanted to secure their law ends working with a vendor who has been building/maint some decent local systems through North and East NM. I know they been pretty busy lately with some big projects.

There is a lot places the db is not accurate or missing for smaller areas of NM. Mostly due to many fearing once the data is easily out knowingly it'll push a certain direction though I can say that train has long sailed and it'll happen anyway if the big tops want it. Many don't want it though so.

But if I recall I thought it was San Juan that was using their legacy analog while also using p25 working out bugs? Maybe I'm confusing it with soemone else that way.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Was it San Juan that was doing p25 now and had plans to transition to 700mhz eventually? If I'm correct I recall someone saying they wanted to secure their law ends working with a vendor who has been building/maint some decent local systems through North and East NM. I know they been pretty busy lately with some big projects.

There is a lot places the db is not accurate or missing for smaller areas of NM. Mostly due to many fearing once the data is easily out knowingly it'll push a certain direction though I can say that train has long sailed and it'll happen anyway if the big tops want it. Many don't want it though so.

But if I recall I thought it was San Juan that was using their legacy analog while also using p25 working out bugs? Maybe I'm confusing it with someone else that way.
RRDB shows a DMR 460 MHz system for SJCo. Public Safety but I've heard nothing from it. Not sure about P25 or 700 MHZ, have not seen anything about that.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
RRDB shows a DMR 460 MHz system for SJCo. Public Safety but I've heard nothing from it. Not sure about P25 or 700 MHZ, have not seen anything about that.
I know the comm dealer they use typically will have public safety on p25 and throw other city services onto their privstely owned uhf licensed dmr type systems the company has built out across NM. I know the states 700 wont allow any public works on it minus state techs and plans for nmdot but locals no go at all. So the solution has been the dealer will have the public safety users on vhf p25 with expansion plans for those to go to phase 2 vhf and others migrate to 700mhz who wish to join the state system and kicking their non public safety users to that dealers dmr network with their own talkgroups. Majority of what the uhf is setup on those is encrypted however as the dealer locks their system pretty tight from anything. Several municipal ends use their dmr system now for it so I wouldn't be surprised if they license those uhf for San Juan but also use them as sub sites for their hardware and network they have been building out. Keep in mind AMR is slated to go to a very large dmr uhf system and new mexico has seen it popping up already. Corporate wants locals to page out rigs on this uhf system once built and yes its encrypted as they protect their legal end of things and eavesdropping.

With multiple mode products they sell it wouldn't be hard to have one use dmr while being able to communicate with p25.

If it's not in use yet wonder if they have gone with the vikings set to debute for all band and plans for that line to have a firmware update allowing dmr and p25 on a all band radio.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I will add majority of counties are going to a setup like this:

Page out on the old countywide repeater or main.

Once done there will be region repeaters specific to that area of county where units or that area/dept will key up on and have their comms there keeping the county wide Channel free for dispatch to page others or give detailed information over air. The channel will be set as a priority in scan. No more setting local law as your second primary some end up doing. You'll have the page channel then respective dispatch repeater channels for each district in a county that dispatch can reply on if needed.

Kind of like how dona ana and Eddy are doing now.

Then from the second repeater once on scene unit tacs will be assigned in simplex. Most will have tacs 1 to 8 (6being more common for most around in the counties) for fireground operating.

This is the new scheme everyone is going to and most have been guarding the new setups. P25 for many is in works on it all as well on vhf.

I would start by scanning the mobile frequencies thst aren't repeated for the tacs they have listed in fcc.

The new scheme calls for all to have for sure the vhf interop plan and or 700 interops if capable. A programming scheme of only having the counties touching your countg border programmed in is the latest way its being done everywhere. Not every single county as some would do in past. Vtac 17 and couple others are go to with most for mutual aide replies out of area now. Others are slowly getting there setups to this.

Before I start down my next rabbit hole,,,,,, does anyone have a recent (year or two old) listing of the San Juan County Fire TAC/FIRE channels? The list in the RRDB is not accurate/complete, IMO. I found a topic from 2013 with a list that was what I am looking for but this too is not accurate today. NM - Farmington - FD Radio Channels - 2013

In advance, thanks.

-Randy Buxton