San Marcos SO Dispatch (90)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seh911

Feed Provider
Anyone know if San Marcos SO dispatch has been patching with another dispatch talkgroup? I have heard Encinitas (20) patch and dispatch through 90, but not vice versa. recently I have heard nothing on San Marcos dispatch 90 over certain nights (including Tuesday night.)

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if San Marcos SO dispatch has been patching with another dispatch talkgroup? I have heard Encinitas (20) patch and dispatch through 90, but not vice versa. recently I have heard nothing on San Marcos dispatch 90 over certain nights (including Tuesday night.)

San Diego Sheriff regularly does this as a staffing efficiency measure within Communications Division. Poway and Rural are normally patched, as are Lemon Grove and Imperial Beach. During the early morning hours when radio traffic is lighter, Encinitas, Vista and San Marcos routinely share a Dispatcher and are patched together, as are Santee, Lemon Grove and Imperial Beach.

jmarshl

Premium Subscriber
I believe RCS was also conducting Site Trunking /Failsoft exercises Tuesday and Wednesday.

seh911

Feed Provider
San Diego Sheriff regularly does this as a staffing efficiency measure within Communications Division. Poway and Rural are normally patched, as are Lemon Grove and Imperial Beach. During the early morning hours when radio traffic is lighter, Encinitas, Vista and San Marcos routinely share a Dispatcher and are patched together, as are Santee, Lemon Grove and Imperial Beach.

@K6CDO: I've heard that, but to date I have never heard San Marcos dispatch out of 20 or 30, 20 always patched into 90 covering both.

Is there any system as to which TG they will be on when they patch, or is it just random or up to the dispatchers each night they do it? (Hard to keep a feed going with San Marcos dispatch if you don't know where they will be!)

seh911

Feed Provider
I believe RCS was also conducting Site Trunking /Failsoft exercises Tuesday and Wednesday.

I heard the failsoft testing was between 1900-2000, this occurred overnight around 2300-0300, but may have been related.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber

The quarterly Fail Soft and Site Trunking exercises were Tuesday evening and early this morning (Thursday) in the North and South Simulcast cells.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
@K6CDO: I've heard that, but to date I have never heard San Marcos dispatch out of 20 or 30, 20 always patched into 90 covering both.

Is there any system as to which TG they will be on when they patch, or is it just random or up to the dispatchers each night they do it? (Hard to keep a feed going with San Marcos dispatch if you don't know where they will be!)

Yes; there is a method by which a combined TG ID is generated to indicate that the groups are patched. I don't recall off the top of my head what the formula is; perhaps someone else here could enlighten you.

Don

LauraQ

David -

I've only heard SMCD patch through ENCD. Do they also patch through VTAD? Maybe I'm just not up in the wee hours to hear it. : )

- Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.