San Mateo, County of (Public Safety) needs updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsanab14

It seems that most of the frequencies and/or base freq/offset/spacing data requires updating for San Mateo, County of (Public Safety), in California, since there is hardly any active now. Can anyone look into this or does anyone have the updated database data? Thanks.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Didnt San Mateo County Sheriff Switched back to their old system after the numerous times of comm failures with the digital 800mhz? Just wondering unless Im late on the news if they got that fixed?

jsanab14

No, only Redwood City PD went back to the analog system. The county sherriff, jails, ems, etc. all utilize the Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink system. The problem that I am having is that even with the bank open, the only talkgroups I am picking up is: 13840 (Sherriff 1 Dispatch) and 11344 (EMS 4 Red - Dispatch). That is it! I have a pro96 and I use win96 for programming. I have inputted all the system frequencies (in the numerical order indicated in System Freq) and I utilize the MOT Custom Trunking Table/Multi Table for the Base/Offset/Step freq input. I have zeroed out all or left "as is" all the other 4 channels not used. I noticed that when I input Base/Offset/Step data, the 3600 CC UHF option unchecks. Also, should I be using CH Hi/Lo's in the data input table and if so, does anyone know what they should be since the Custom Freq Table doesn't indicate any. So, I do not see what I am doing wrong if the problem is me...or I don't know why I only pick up two talk groups out of over a hundred. Thanks.

DonS

Yes, you must enter values in the "CH Lo" and "CH Hi" fields.

1. Select "Multi table" under "MOT 3600 CC".
  2. Click the "Extended Tables" button
  3. Enter the following in the first two rows within the "Extended Trunking Tables" dialog:
    Code:
    CH Lo	CH Hi	Base Freq	Step	Offset
    380	559	482.000000	12.500	380
    560	759	488.000000	12.500	560

jsanab14

Thnak you very much for the Hi/Lo Ch data. It is working much better now, however, I still only pick up the 2 talkgroups...even when the bank is open. Can someone check to see if the database needs updating? Thank you.

richtidd

Database Admin
Thnak you very much for the Hi/Lo Ch data. It is working much better now, however, I still only pick up the 2 talkgroups...even when the bank is open. Can someone check to see if the database needs updating? Thank you.

I live in San Mateo County.
I also stream the SMCo TRS as one of my feeds on a Uniden 996.
I pickup the whole SMCo TRS system: SO, PW, Parks, EMS etc.

I also listen with a Pro2096 & 96 & GRE-PSR500 OK with the same data.

All data came from the RR data base that I at least partly contributed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.