San Mateo UHF System - lo channel and high channel questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I downloaded the San Mateo UHF system into my RS Pro-18 from the library that I just refreshed this morning from RR, but I’m not sure if I need to make any additional tweaks, or just leave everything as is.

The “Easier To Read” Manual tells me:

For Motorola VHF and UHF Systems you must select Custom and create a custom band plan. You must program the applicable lo channel, hi channel, offset, base frequency, and step for the system.

I clicked on the “Custom Trunking Tables” tab in iScan, and I see all those columns.

However, in the RRDB, only the Base Freq and Step is shown (which does match what I have in iScan).

Should I assume that the other settings (lo channel, high channel and offset) are OK or do I need to change them? If so, where do I get the correct data from?

Thanks much for any help.

whisper16

I don't have an answer to your question, but please see the SMIRC (San Mateo County 700 MHz Project 25) active again thread, post # 15.

I received info from a yahoo group that San Mateo County is in process of making the transition to the new system. My guess is the old system will go silent soon if it is not already. I would check for you but I don't have a digital scanner.

shoub

Premium Subscriber
I don't have an answer to your question, but please see the SMIRC (San Mateo County 700 MHz Project 25) active again thread, post # 15.

I received info from a yahoo group that San Mateo County is in process of making the transition to the new system. My guess is the old system will go silent soon if it is not already. I would check for you but I don't have a digital scanner.

I was not able to locate a group in Yahoo for this topic. I live in n San Mateo and would like to stay informed of updates.

Thanks

mark

whisper16

It's not a group specific to San Mateo. It's a Bay Area wide group. If you search SF Bay Are scanner enthusiasts you should find it.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I'm heading to the Bay Area now for a business trip, so I'll be sure to monitor this system in the coming days. Thanks again to everyone for your assistance.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You must program the applicable lo channel, hi channel, offset, base frequency, and step for the system.
The high will be one less than the following range. If there's only one range then the high will always be 759. In the case of San Mateo the ranges are 380-559 and 560-759.

If you want the technicals behind OBT 3600 then you can read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.