San Miguel Updated Frequenices

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
It looks like San Miguel SO narrow banded and here are their new frequencies. Can anyone in the area ID them? Sounds like 155.4975 is SO dispatch.

154.2725 154.6575 155.0775 155.4975

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I go through San Miguel about twice a month. Here is what I've been able to figure out so far:

I've never heard any voice traffic and end up locking out this freq due to intermittent bursts of static.

I've heard the most traffic on this frequency and my scanner has found a CTCSS of 192.8. Transmissions are better received north of Las Vegas, at least as far as Wagon Mound. I too think this is dispatch, though I seem to recall not hearing field units often.

As for the other freqs you have listed, I do have them in my scanner and I believe I've heard voice traffic on them, but it has not been clearly received. During my last trip through the area, I could have sworn I heard NMSP on one of the freqs, but I can't confirm which one.

For reference, I'm doing this monitoring while driving along 1-25 and sometimes US-84. I'll be heading through there again this weekend so I'll make sure to keep a small notepad handy.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I drove through San Miguel County yesterday and I've listed what I observed on each of the frequencies below. Overall, I think NMSP is dispatching SMSO units. The same dispatcher was working both agencies anyway.

154.2725 CTCSS of 136.5 NFM
Voice traffic heard on this frequency, but only once. Dispatcher trying to make contact with an NMSP unit, #232.

No voice traffic heard. Sounded like someone was keying up occasionally on this frequency.

No voice traffic heard. Sounded like someone was keying up occasionally on this frequency.

155.4975 CTCSS of 192.8 NFM
I still think this is the main dispatch freq for SMSO. The first transmission I heard was the dispatcher saying "unit calling State Police on San Miguel Dispatch." A user identifying himself as radio maintenance answered. Sheriff field units were also heard making routine calls, identifying as "San Miguel ##." The dispatcher answers as "Las Vegas."

Reception north of Las Vegas was loud and clear, south was a bit scratchy (terrain most likely). Transmissions received while in Vegas seemed a bit distorted, but intelligible.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Went through again on Monday. Not a lot to report really, but I did hear one brief conversation on 154.2725. I don't know what agency was talking, but it was the San Miguel/NMSP D2 dispatcher that responded.

Also, it sounds like the NMSP D2 Dispatcher is broadcasting on both 155.4975 and the published NMSP Las Vegas freq at the same time. No NMSP units were heard on the above freqs.

No traffic, key ups, or random bursts of static were heard on 154.6575, 155.0775, 155.9025.

Status
Not open for further replies.