san pac county texas(sinton tx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastrebel

ive been having lots of issues with a new pro 163 trunking scanner and have been fighting it for days as it would not trunk,then i remembered some thing i had found out a while back when san pac was rebanding
the data base here shows there new freqs,five of them,plus the new id,s ect,back in dec while the county was playing around with the net work,i used one of my older 800mhz rigs to do a search of control channels, by pulling off the antenna iwa able to hear the control freq for the sinton site(iam four blocks from the new tower) i found two more freqs they were using thats not listed here on the data base,i had added them to my pro 2052 and its been working fine,so tonight i added them to my pro 163 line up and walla its now working,,with out the entire line up it would not track. here is what i have

852.9125*
853.9125*
863.9250*
not sure why some of these are not listed but with out them it wont work'(* denotes non published freqs,)

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Have you submitted this information to our database? In the San Patricio County page, click "Submit" in the left hand toolbar and just take a few seconds to enter the information. The format you have it above is fine. A database admin will make the changes, and that's how things get done around here.

gus426

This change in the SInton site does not work on my scanner I'm picking up the control channel but it doesn't not go into trunked mode correctly...My Pro-95 does this when the LCN isn't correct...

Anyone else?

Gus

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
I am going to fix the DB right now. I had another user confirm that we need to roll back to the old LCN

kinderjackson

san pacs freqs

this was why i had deccided to wait and not try and post these on the data base,iam not sure why mine works as such when others wont by adding the extra freqs,but i do know all four of my scanners are set up now with eight freqs and not just, the posted five here and all work fine,perhaps its shadow of the tower that make it so but my pro 2052 is in my truck and works fine away from the site area,neveless i sure would never try and offer bogas info into this site unless i knew some thing to be tried and true,i also ruled out image freqs as well,iam no novice and have been scanning since 1970,starting with the old analog single band radios,again iam sorry to any of you who feel mislead,i posted them for the reason,for others to try out and see if they were valid,perhaps from now on ill keep what i find to myself

nueces162

I doubt we ever figured you intended to mislead with false info - part of the point of these forums is to post information that you have found, or that works for you, and then let others try it and check it to see if it is viable and useful info - It's supposed to work as a cooperative here so we can all figure out just what systems and sites are doing, and information, any and all information, is the only way that will happen - and they still seem to be working on the Sinton site, I have heard lots of traffic on the tech talkgroup lately, even some this morning around 0300 so something must be going on - and I have you beat, I've been listening since the 60's, back when most agencies in Texas were on lowband, 37.180 and 37.260, we called it "the 180-260 network" and at night you could hear just about every station and unit in the state, usually all at the same time

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
It is no big deal. The main reason that I pulled the freq's from the DB is that our radios at the FD were not re-programmed. They are working just fine on the Sinton tower. I never thought your info was bogus. I had it checked by another member here. He could not pick up anything either.

Again keep the info flowing. We will keep trying it out.

thelastrebel

dps issues in san pac co

good day all,thanks to all who post in reply here,ive a nuther issue i need to ask about if i may be so bold,as iam of course new to trunking the 800mhz band,iam also a rookie to digital radio as well,picked me up a bearcat 785d last week,like new seems to work ok,iam using it for the dps,after setting up the freqs listed here on this data base,ive found my offest wont allow me to enter the ,splinters,as i can them it rounds them off,i can still hear them ok this way but not as well iam sure,my point here is this,why am i not hearing the mobiles well or at all,tho it states repeter' it does not sound as such and ive put every single listed freq into the bank,yet i only hear one or two being used and i assume ,like 155.475 mhz its encrypted full time,and on 155.460 its just noise as well,this a freq they use for there on board computers?
155.470 i hear corpus dispatch,and some times the mobiles,so i assume its a direct link rather then repeters?i miss oregon where every thing is pretty much cut and dried,input/output,car to car,ect,
perhaps some one can shed some light here for me,

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
rebel,

Some communications centers use half-duplex. The best way to describe this is that the trooper talks on an "input" and the comm center listens to that frequency. When the dispatcher responds she will transmit on the "output" and this is the frequency that the trooper listens to. It's almost like a repeater input/output pair. These are the Mob/Base freqs. You might want to plug in the "mobile inputs" to the scan list- and if you're close to the trooper you will hear them.

Some of the sites are true repeaters and you will hear both sides of the conversation. I also listen to the repeater inputs as well.

Some of the sites are remote links and are answered by comm centers a good distance away.

As for the rounding off of the NFM freqs, it's common with the first generation digital scanners and really didn't cause too much of a problem for me (I used a Pro-96). The tricky part (see: fun/enjoyable/interesting) comes when you start hearing skip (and with no NAC selectivity and a statewide channel plan) you'll be hearing stations from across the state like they were in your driveway.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
The tricky part (see: fun/enjoyable/interesting) comes when you start hearing skip (and with no NAC selectivity and a statewide channel plan) you'll be hearing stations from across the state like they were in your driveway.

Even though most of the scanners I'm using right now have NAC capability (PSR500, 600, and 396XT), I still tend to get skip. It usually comes from Austin, which apparently shares the same NAC code as Bryan, and sometimes ends up distorting transmissions to the point where all you hear is squeaking and squeeling. So, even with NAC selectivity, you will still be likely to get skip, although it'll render some conversations unintelligable.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Even though most of the scanners I'm using right now have NAC capability (PSR500, 600, and 396XT), I still tend to get skip.

Someone without the NAC selectivity wouldn't know whether they were hearing an "A" or "B" repeater unless they heard an identifier (location, callsign, unit number, etc.). That is why I made that comment.

If someone is using the same frequency/tone (NAC, CT, PL) you're going to get skip if the conditions are right.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Someone without the NAC selectivity wouldn't know whether they were hearing an "A" or "B" repeater unless they heard an identifier (location, callsign, unit number, etc.). That is why I made that comment.

If someone is using the same frequency/tone (NAC, CT, PL) you're going to get skip if the conditions are right.

I was referring to the base channels. For me, the skip is a big problem, especially at night. It seems DPS Bryan turns into a scrambled mess and I can only make out maybe one or two words at a time--if I'm lucky.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I was referring to the base channels. For me, the skip is a big problem, especially at night. It seems DPS Bryan turns into a scrambled mess and I can only make out maybe one or two words at a time--if I'm lucky.

Yep, this time of year get's "bad" (depending on your perspective/experience). I enjoy hearing distant station, but not at the expense of losing the local (pertinent) ones, as you're experiencing. Unfortunately, there aren't many ways to rectify this (there are some of course, but they usually involve a fixed yagi antenna, which doesn't help for mobile/portable use) and if you listen long enough you'll hear dispatch complain about it too.

About 2 years ago, this time of year, San Antonio DPS was complaining for a solid month about the skip coming in from Texas City DPS. I got to know whether I was listening to skip or SA by the dispatcher's voice. Then it was gone, the conditions deteriorated and moved on.

Last summer it was the same issue with Wichita Falls DPS.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
It's been going on here for a long time though. It seems to be the worst at around 9 PM. I think I posted something about it sometime last year, if I remember correctly. You can't really understand anyting either station is saying, though I figured out it was DPS Austin because of the unit numbers. Oddly, it only happens when Bryan keys up.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
good day all,thanks to all who post in reply here,ive a nuther issue i need to ask about if i may be so bold,as iam of course new to trunking the 800mhz band,iam also a rookie to digital radio as well,picked me up a bearcat 785d last week,like new seems to work ok,iam using it for the dps,after setting up the freqs listed here on this data base,ive found my offest wont allow me to enter the ,splinters,as i can them it rounds them off,i can still hear them ok this way but not as well iam sure,my point here is this,why am i not hearing the mobiles well or at all,tho it states repeter' it does not sound as such and ive put every single listed freq into the bank,yet i only hear one or two being used and i assume ,like 155.475 mhz its encrypted full time,and on 155.460 its just noise as well,this a freq they use for there on board computers?

155.470 i hear corpus dispatch,and some times the mobiles,so i assume its a direct link rather then repeters?i miss oregon where every thing is pretty much cut and dried,input/output,car to car,ect,
perhaps some one can shed some light here for me,

Rebel, with the BC785D, which I still have at home, you can enter the splinter, or 7.5 khz steps. You stop on the channel you want to enter the frequency, 155.4525 or 155.4675, into. Then you press MENU, select 2. Scan Option, then 1. Conventional. You press E to select that channel, then select 6. Steps. From there, select 2. 7.5 KHz. Now go back to 1. Frequency, and enter 155.4675. It will properly scan 155.4675 now instead of 155.475. That should help you out a lot.
Also, just making sure, you seemed to say that you can hear them, but you do have the APCO P25 digital card installed and turned on, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.