san pac county texas trunking issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastrebel

i live in the city of sinton,a few weeks back the county started working on there three trunking sites,and its been a nightmare trying to figure out just what there up to,seems they went from digital to analog,then one night they vanished from there known freqs,soon after i found them on the sinton site 15 mhz below the old freqs,and it was busy for about four days then one day i heard the sinton/county dispatch say that sinton control was having major problems and would shut down the sinton site at 3.00 pm,that all units could use analog vhf and the south and south west towers,soon they went off the air and vanished,two days later i hear them back on there older freqs but only using three out of the five freqs,with no control channals,after days of monitoring i heard a major,(sheriffs dept) chewing a the radio tech as his radio was showing error when going to digital,soon after the tech said,were dropping the link between mathis and sinton towers,thus far it sounds as if they are using direct car to base and car to car comms,there is a coded id that was not there before but trunk tracking does not work,ive not heard nothing from the other two sites since and i dont seem to hear all there comms now nor any thing on the new freqs.,makes me wonder what there trying to hide and the money spent trying to get this on line,,for two days the vhf system was hot and full time now its got nothing again,?

thelastrebel

follow up

after readingthe post about the pro voice trunking up north,it made me wonder,if perhaps thats what my county here is doing,what i need to ask is this,if u try and trunk,pro voice,it wont track right?that part i understand,will a person hear any thing such as static or tones if not in the track modes?,or will it just not have any sound sound at all,and will there still be control sounds?reason i ask is,my control channels seem to have vanished ,in there place are cw id tones'and lots of times i hear one side but nothing else,sorry iam confused with trunking as iam from southern oregon and for most part there are none there except portland and salems networking,and i never listened to them,

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing you're in San Patricio County. They have a standard EDACS system that is just being brought online. EDACS systems don't have a central control channel, so it might explain why you aren't getting one. The system recently rebanded (all frequencies moved down 15 MHz, like you said). You might want to check the San Patricio County DB page: San Patricio County Trunking System, Sinton, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

All trunking scanners can track EDACS systems. If there is ProVoice, the scanner will still track it, but you will only be able to listen to the analog channels. By the way, what type of scanner are you using?

Last edited:

thelastrebel

san pac

ive found the freqs they went to,15mhz below and they were in use a while but then are now vacant as well,ive found that they went back to three of the former five they used before,and at times i hear only one side,i take it then in the pro voice mode there is nothing to be heard no static or such just dead air correct?looks as if scanners will be useless soon if this keeps up, it bites as i cannot hear the ems/fire or local police. ive been using a pair of pro 2044,s and a older pro 2037 for vhf/uhf air and lastly a pro 2052, thanks for the reply

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I don't really know what ProVoice digital sounds like, so I couldn't really tell you. I also have very limited knowledge of EDACS systems because they aren't in use around here in Bryan (the nearest one is in Conroe--some 60+ miles away). Of the scanners you have, the PRO2052 is the only one capable of monitoring an EDACS system.

davidbond21

ProVoice, when listened to with a scanner, sounds like a mixture of dial up modem noise and static. You can listen to a sample on this page so you can compare it in the future with what you hear.

thelastrebel

sinton/ san pac texas radio

ive been seeking for well over a week now the freqs my county and city have been using and with little luck,the forum here says they moved 15mhz down from there present listings and i did do the math and i found them there but then after four days they vanished again,all three sites are vacant now' ive found they went back to three of the freqs they used prior to the move,no control channals,tho now i hear only a scant few agencys from before,lacking is all sinton agencys'including sinton ems,fire, works, and the police.i saw today the police units were sporting vhf high band antennas along with the 800 mhz shorties,ive tried to pick them up on there old freqs but no luck,so iam searching high band but nothing so far,so who knows what there up to

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
There is supposed to be a major re-programming sometime in Feb. My agency has never been able to get our 800 mhz radios to work correctly.

r0b0c0p

Experience with this issue

Apparently the old system was bought out by Sprint and the tower needed to be replaced anyways since deputies far out in the county had issues with getting through to dispatch. For may over a month we did not really have a radio and were answering calls for service on our cell phones. This is a new system that can be heard through a scanner. It is not good because the crooks can hear whats going on so we have to use our cell phones to be secretive on our activity. This new system does allow pro voice and the deputies do have that capability. I don't see a difference because it still sounds like crap on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.