SanBernardino county

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcinnv

which system do they use conventional or trunk, I find both for the fire/ Ems, I'm looking for the fire/Ems ,frequencies between Baker north to the Nevada state line, the conventional uses colored codes for the alpha tags, thanks.

kd6ecz

Unless things have changed, the area from Baker to State Line is covered by a few conventional 800 MHz repeaters. There are repeaters near Baker as well as near Mountain Pass for both fire/EMS and law enforcement. I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find the frequencies and DCS codes that I have on a list somewhere.

RobertW1

which system do they use conventional or trunk, I find both for the fire/ Ems, I'm looking for the fire/Ems ,frequencies between Baker north to the Nevada state line, the conventional uses colored codes for the alpha tags, thanks.

I know In Wrightwood, (Station 101, COMM Center) they use both. Due to poor 800Mhz transmission and reception in the mountains, County 1 (151.145) is linked into 1-Fire-1 Fire Dispatch and County 2 (159.120) is linked into 8-Fire-1 Fire Dispatch via Frost Peak. All 1-Fire-1 transmissions are rebroadcast on VHF.

I hear all Baker (station 53) communications on VHF. Not sure if it is on County 1 (151.145) or DesCom "Yellow" (154.070) as I don't look at the frequency on the scanner. When in Wrightwood I can't really receive the 800Mhz trunking freqs, so I'm not sure if Baker is using 800Mhz and it is being linked into the VHF system or if they are tranmitting on VHF.

I know some guys who work at Comm Center. I took a private tour of the facility a couple of years ago. I'll email them and try to get some specifics on how the 800Mhz trunked system and VHF are linked together.

Last edited:

disp10

Premium Subscriber
The conventional "D-Fire" channels are also used in many rural areas that lack trunked coverage.

D-Fire-1 868.9375
D-FIre-2 867.8625
D-Fire-3 868.1375 (I believe this is the primary Baker conventional fire channel)
D-Fire-4 868.4125

All of these channels are patched into the trunked system somehow.

RobertW1

The conventional "D-Fire" channels are also used in many rural areas that lack trunked coverage.

D-Fire-1 868.9375
D-FIre-2 867.8625
D-Fire-3 868.1375 (I believe this is the primary Baker conventional fire channel)
D-Fire-4 868.4125

All of these channels are patched into the trunked system somehow.

I know that Wrightwood does the same. They will often use D-Fire-2 867.8625 "direct" when talking between units.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
D-Fire-4 is used from Baker to Vegas along I-15
D-Fire 2 is best heard near Minneola
D-Fire-3 is best heard off of SR-127 between Baker and Death Valley

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
D-Fire-4 is used from Baker to Vegas along I-15
D-Fire 2 is best heard near Minneola
D-Fire-3 is best heard off of SR-127 between Baker and Death Valley

I used to be the resident deputy in Baker. They have changed the names of the channels, but the system should be the same.

There are two conventional repeater towers for the Baker/Mtn Pass area, one on a peak above Baker (Turquoise Peak, north of Halloran Springs exit--I've been to the vault before) and one on Clark Mountain above Mountain Pass. The trunked System 3 from Rodman Mountain also covers some of the areas, especially down in the Mojave Preserve, but it's very patchy.

Based upon the receiving info posted in the quote above, I would say that D-Fire-3 is off Turquoise Peak and D-Fire-4 is off Clark (also called Mtn Pass repeater). Turquoise covers all the way to just before Mtn Pass when you go into the hills, and Mtn Pass covers the rest of the way to Stateline.

When I was there, the channels were called Baker Law, Baker Fire, and Baker LG (Local Govt); and Mtn Pass Law, Fire, and LG. So, obviously they have changed somewhat...

They also used to simulcast paging on VHF, using Desert Yellow (154.070). I don't know if they simulcast all radio traffic, or only the dispatches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.