Sand Springs Buisness Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic32

1100-Sand Springs Engine 2 just went en-route to a structure fire reported by a walk up just west of 113 w ave on 41 st.....

<Correct Address 20 w 41 st>

<smoke visible from the station....>

<going to be daily express dry cleaning, smoke showing from the west end of the building>

<11:07 command calling for EMSA unit>

<11:15 EMSA on scene>

<11:19 Now needing Fire Marshal>

<11:20 FD1 in service on assignment>

<11:21 Fire Out, Initiating Salvage and Overhaul>

Last edited:

cop_pmed

One evening while working for the Elgin EMS I was at home taking calls when dispatch called me on the radio and advised me that I was needed at the station for a patient in the drive. About the time dispatch was saying this my partner was yelling over the radio but I couldn't understand her. When I got there found a mini van in EMS drive with a elderly lady in full arrest (long time full arrest). Her husband said " I found her and figured I could get her to you quicker then you could get to us" I had many drive ups but they were usually still alive at that time.

car2back

damn, that one takes the cake!

We get EMS walk-ins at the fire house here in Skiatook all the time and it drives me nuts. I think Oklahoma needs a television campaign to teach people TO call 911 when they have an emergency,not load them up in the ol' pickup an drive 'em in to town.

Boomer47

Hey... the business was a dry cleaners. It was almost literally next door (well, two buildings over) from the fire station. I think a walk-in was the wiser choice in this instance.

As to the fire, mostly confined to the attic. Didn't look like a lot of damage from the outside, and everybody was safe.

By the way, hi. First post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.