Sanibel PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Sanibel PD has been encrypted in the Lee County P25 system. I see in the database now it's listed as TG 189 and not encrypted. Can anyone in the area verify whether Sanibel PD is now in the clear?

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
It's not a confirmation, but I did ask someone in the area to check TG 189, and they didn't hear anything at the time. I'd like to know for sure about this too.

AA4TX

I hear sparse Sanibel PD traffic on TG3024 on the non-P25 system. Not very often, but consistent. Logs show no Sanibel on the P25 system.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Kind of a mystery. I know when the P25 started a few years ago, they said they were going on it with Cape Coral PD, and be encrypted. I never heard them after that. Then when I saw TG 189 in the database, I thought maybe they were in the clear now.

I didn't have anything for them on TG 3024. How did you find it? Do you think all of their dispatching is there now? We normally vacation there 3 times a year, but with the virus it will be awhile until I can get there and listen.

AA4TX

I have TG 189 as well, but the logs do not have any activity there, so it is either encrypted or not active.

I stay in the search mode, so I get all the unknown talk groups. I then listen to the recorded traffic later, to identify the assignments.

Seems as though I am not getting all of their traffic, since what I do hear is to sparse. Could be that TG 3024 is some sort of secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.