Sanilac County Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirangerman

Well - looks like Sanilac County is getting closer to being on target. Several Towers have either been upgraded, or installed - and looks like it will all be operational by end of 2,012.

But then - that is my estimation only - there's (Sanilac County Emergency Services ) -"MAY", differ! lol

-charles

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Well - looks like Sanilac County is getting closer to being on target. Several Towers have either been upgraded, or installed - and looks like it will all be operational by end of 2,012.
-charles

This would make complete sense. The high speed microwave backbone licenses were approved a few months ago. The next phase after all of the transmitters are installed, is the FCC license approval for the voice channels.

73s

Ron

kc8vlv

hey neighbor! i live in port huron and i have both sanilac sheriff and sanilac fire in all my radios, it about time sanilac is slowly coming out of the dark ages...

mirangerman

Hi ya neighbor! :)

hey neighbor! i live in port huron and i have both sanilac sheriff and sanilac fire in all my radios, it about time sanilac is slowly coming out of the dark ages...

Yeah - u aint a kidding! Now only if they could've gotten the jail issue done as fast, eh? lol

-charles

mirangerman

Dang! it's been that long since they were n the 30.000's? Don't seem like it - but neither does it seem like I've been scanning since about 2,001 either! lol

mirangerman

But then - that is my estimation only - there's (Sanilac County Emergency Services ) -"MAY", differ! lol

-charles

And the darn thing STILL isnt fully up n running "YET"!

Last edited:

kc8vlv

I heard some reasons, why were 1, Sanilac county fire chiefs voted it down, because their fire departments can't afford the new radios. 2. all of Sanilac counties fire and ems and communicate. on 2 channels Sanilac fire and Sanilac e.m.s. 3. some of the fire departments still use Vhf-low band on Mobile to base as a fire ground frequency .

Status
Not open for further replies.