Santa Barbara County Parks/DPW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I noticed there are some changes posted to Santa Barbara Co. in the database. From a trip there yesterday, I can confirm that Lake Cachuma (866.2125R) is still on 127.3...as were all the 800 Mc rptrs. the DB now shows a different PL.....can someone confirm these CTCSS changes?

DeeBotchery

Santa Barbara County 800-freqs.

Progline said:
I noticed there are some changes posted to Santa Barbara Co. in the database. From a trip there yesterday, I can confirm that Lake Cachuma (866.2125R) is still on 127.3...as were all the 800 Mc rptrs. the DB now shows a different PL.....can someone confirm these CTCSS changes?

All of the 800 MHz voice channels for Santa Barbara County are using 127.3 for PL. The frequency 866.2125 can be listed as Cachuma Lake Park and Animal Control-north county. (Animal Control primarily on the weekdays. Cachuma Lake Park primarily on the weekends...subject to more weekday traffic with the onset of summer.)

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
There are a bunch of errors in the DB for Santa Barbara County. I'm going to try to clean them up this week. Been busy with SLO and Monterey counties.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Kirk....I was scratching my head looking at some of those tones.

And in SLO county, the Pismo Beach public works freqs look wierd too...they are simplex, but listed as different tx/rx. (the rx is correct, 153.845). I logged their PL as 74.4 according to the PRO-2005.

-Rob

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Progline said:
Thanks, Kirk....I was scratching my head looking at some of those tones.

And in SLO county, the Pismo Beach public works freqs look wierd too...they are simplex, but listed as different tx/rx. (the rx is correct, 153.845). I logged their PL as 74.4 according to the PRO-2005.

-Rob

SB Co stuff is fixed.

Last I confirmed, Pismo public works had two channels. The 153.845 was repeated, with a repeater on the end of the pier (input 158.835). This matches their license in the FCC database.

The other channel (155.895) is simplex. [[UPDATE: Just looked in FCC database, and no longer see a license for this one...hrm]]

Perhaps the repeater has gone away and they're just using 153.845 simplex now? I live near there and can confirm soon.

Last edited:

Progline

Premium Subscriber
The traffic I copied as definitely simplex, unless they were using talkaround on the output of the repeater. But these were just units talking to each other, not dispatch type traffic.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Progline said:
The traffic I copied as definitely simplex, unless they were using talkaround on the output of the repeater. But these were just units talking to each other, not dispatch type traffic.

Good catch on the PL. Confirmed, and it is a repeater, just VERY short hang time. They may well be using the output in simplex mode.

I've updated the db.

I guess I should monitor the freqs in my back yard more often for changes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.