Santa Clara Scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Hi all... I'm going to be in Santa Clara for a couple days the week after next for a work conference... any ideas for fun scanner listening? I already have my hotel's freqs (near the convention center), California Great America, Moffet Field, SJC, the Sheriff's Office, Santa Clara City programmed... anything else I should consider?

GrumpyGuard

That depends on what you want to listen to. SJPD, Sunnyvale DPS, Mountain View Police to name a few things of interest. If you are close to Levi Stadium that might also be interesting to listen to if they have anything going on the week your there.

Eng74

If you are in Santa Clara you can also pick up EBRCS for Alameda County and Oakland also. I don't know if anything is happening at Levi's Stadium but they are a DMR system.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Hey all... thanks for the info! Turns out there is a big soccer tournament at Levis Stadium, so that should be good listening... and also why the hotel rates went through the roof those days, grrr.

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
If you're near the hotel during the game there is good listening on the Interop channels of SVRCS as well as the Levi's DMR and Great America DMR.

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
Security is on DMR conventional as of this past opening weekend on 461.0750 That's really the only channel I found worth listening to. It sounds like their operations channel on 490 uses the robot dispatch system much like County Fire.

b52hbuff

Stealthguy05 is correct. GA security is TGID 1 on 461.075 with a Color Code 1. I need to review some of my recordings to verify the slot. So far, there are no other users on the other slot.

When we attended the Haunt last year, they had a box of radios just for the security folks. I couldn't see a model number, but it is pretty obvious that Security is getting the newer radios.

I was wondering if they were going to roll out a DMR last year and maybe upgrade the whole thing to a CAP+. Cedar Fair is the company that runs Great America and Gilroy Gardens. I was surprised to hear that Gilroy Gardens abandoned their analog/repeater system and migrated to a CAP+ system. Given that GG gets much less traffic and money than GA, I was surprised they got the "better" radio system.

When I got the SDS100 last year, I was eager to see what I could decode, given how much IG traffic has transitioned over to Mototrbo. I took it to GA, and I was shocked that one of the security folks accurately identified the radio on site, and joked about how they'd need to turn on encryption. So he was aware of the technology. Oh, and he let me bring in the radio... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.