Santa Clarita AMR

KE6HHM

Premium Subscriber
I have notice that the Santa Clarita. AMR has gone silent. 451.925 pl-100
does any one know if there new frequency?

KE6HHM

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any idea we’re look for frequencies l have tryed 471,480,low band 47.0
and even 770 800 band
thanks Your reply

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
As I recall AMR has been transitioning to the use of NXDN last few years. They are already on NXDN in AZ, NV, and more recently in nearby Riverside County.

If they switched frequencies, they hold a huge cache of licenses, so it would likely be among these

Its also entirely possible they signed up with one of the many Part.90 providers such as MRA and National Science similar to what many other ambulance providers do.

KE6HHM

Premium Subscriber
As I recall AMR has been transitioning to the use of NXDN last few years. They are already on NXDN in AZ, NV, and more recently in nearby Riverside County.

If they switched frequencies, they hold a huge cache of licenses, so it would likely be among these

Its also entirely possible they signed up with one of the many Part.90 providers such as MRA and National Science similar to what many other ambulance providers do.
Thank you very much for that information l will monitor those frequencies

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
My contact states that they were having an issue with their repeater...trying to determine what they are currently using while the repeater is repaired.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
My contact states that they were having an issue with their repeater...trying to determine what they are currently using while the repeater is repaired.
Verified: The AMR SCV repeater lost power (along with a bunch of other repeaters) near Bear Divide/Sand Canyon due to the recent weather. The generator/power is out. Awaiting repairs.

KE6HHM

Premium Subscriber
6:30pm March 9,2023 Heard Scv AMR dispatch l am listening. To repeater 451.925 spotty and hearing dispatch spotty too on input 456.925

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Interesting site, Magic Mountain. There's almost no commercial VHF/UHF LMR licensed there; just AMR and a likely MotoTRBO VHF trunk. The rest is State of CA, LA County (including LA-RICS), cell, and microwave.

K6GBW

AMR established a contract with ESChat across the entire United States for their service. Many of the places that currently use LMR are transitioning to the new ESChat devices.

W2JEL

Premium Subscriber
I worked for AMR from 16 to early 20. In Virginia they did switch to the ESchat devices. Was not a fan of them.