Santa Fe PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Still blows me away Santa Fe would build there own system when the state already has a much better system online covering Santa Fe and most of the county. Seems like a large waste of tax dollars. I guess that is just Santa Fe.

The new system is a Motorola System and was sold to replace the badly aged SmartZone Type 2 system that was failing. Much like Albuquerque the city ignored communications as it was just not a priority much like public safety in both cities. The joint agreement between the county and city is mostly for the dispatch center. Santa Fe County has been working the last few years to move to VHF P25 conventional. With the Sheriff's office making the switch this year and moving to full encryption. Fire still needs several subscibers to be replaced but the repeaters have been upgraded. The final piece was Dispatch and the need for new consoles and connections to both the city system and the county prime site on Tesuque.

From what I know the city plans to leave the old junk system online for public works. This will allow them time to upgrade those radios as they just could not afford to replace all city radios and buy a new system at the same time. Again making joining the state system a much better idea since you don't have the cost of a system to buy you can not replace all the radios. But hey I bet the old system fails before there last MTS2000 fails.

Again this is Santa Fe. The capitol of stupid.

N5BGC

Premium Subscriber
The antenna 3 I was referencing is located north of the city on a hill. The address is 2551 Camino De Los Montoya. It is a very high hill north of the city. License WRDV249 FRN 1608827. What is the FCC license for the "Prime Site"?
At that address (or close to it) there is a tower. It has a 'top hat' on it that I thought was the fill transmitter for KOB radio on 770 KHz when they go directional at night. There does not seem to be any 800 MHz antennas on the tower.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Google Street view shows two vertical antennas on the top of the tower.

N5BGC

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone else remember on the old system that there was a talk group FD/PD could talk to each other on? Has that been found yet. Thanks for all the work so far!
Haven't heard it on the new system but I did hear mention of it yesterday.

beerzkool

Scanning the Pajarito Plateau since 1995.
Premium Subscriber
Do you remember what the TG was on the old system? There is the same pattern on the new system, just different numbers. We might be able to find it faster that way. Friday nights are always good nights to log ids. I will try to do logging tonight and tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.