Santa Rosa/Milton

Status
Not open for further replies.

edweirdFL

I looked at the FCC listings and took out the ones that were PD and Sherriff related. This is what's left, and what I'd suggest you try.

MILTON, CITY OF KIY431 153.80000 2004-04-07 35 0 MO PW MILTON
MILTON, CITY OF KIY431 153.80000 2004-04-07 1 0 FX1 PW MILTON
MILTON, CITY OF WNSX210 154.07000 2004-05-14 1 0 FB PW MILTON
MILTON, CITY OF WNSX210 154.07000 2004-05-14 30 0 MO PW MILTON
MILTON, CITY OF KIY431 158.76000 2004-04-07 35 0 MO PW MILTON
MILTON, CITY OF KIY431 158.76000 2004-04-07 1 0 FB PW MILTON

As for why it's not listed, I can only guess it's because either no one on RR monitors the department, or if someone does, they don't submit info to RR.

I've submitted a bunch for the county where I live, once I monitor and verify it. Looking at the FCC report for a county is a good start.

Ed

wise871

Database Admin
Hi All
I live in Navarre Florida and I've been listening to Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties for some time. If I'm correct, Milton Fire is dispatched through Santa Rosa Central Fire dispatch. The county is broken into 3 sections, North, Central and South. The channels you see listed for Milton fire are probably for on scene chat once they arrive. It's like that for Navarre Fire #17, who is dispatched through South Fire. Once they arrive, they go to Navarre Channel when fighting fires. Monitor Central Fire on 154.16000 and see if you hear the Milton Fire numbers. Milton is Station 23, their call letters are Engine 23, Rescue 23, Pumper 23, etc. I was the last one to submitt to the database and it's correct.
Dan

edweirdFL

I happened to find the following which talks about some upgrades the Midway Fire folks would like. From midwayfire.com

"The District currently utilizes a VHF radio system for dispatching and emergency operations. Dispatching services are provided by Santa Rosa County Communications. The County provides dispatching over a County owned VHF system. There is a repeater tower located at the South Annex, 5819 Gulf Breeze Parkway. The system was originally designed to be utilized with mobile radios.

The county dispatches calls over the channel for Holley-Navarre Fire District, Navarre Beach Fire Department as well as Midway Fire District. There is a receiver site located in the Holley- Navarre area, which enhances their ability to utilize hand held portable radios. This is extremely important since firefighters fight fires from out side of fire apparatus.

An additional receiver is needed in the West end of the District, which the County has committed to installing in 2006. This would allow for greater usage of hand held radios for communicating with Santa Rosa dispatch.

The District is licensed for two additional VHF channels. One channel is equipped with a new state of the art repeater located at the Midway Water tower on Avalon Blvd. and US Highway 98.

Currently, Santa Rosa County communications only monitors and dispatches over the single VHF channel known as South Fire. No redundancy is built into the current system. The County only operates out of one dispatch center, which serves as the County PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point).

The two tactical channels licensed to Midway are unmonitored by Santa Rosa Communications. This creates a significant firefighter safety issue and violates NFPA 1561. At the scenes of working incidents the District is forced to switch to an unmonitored tactical channel. These frees up the primary channel know as South fire for dispatching other incidents.

The Santa Rosa Communications telecommunications remains on South Fire; the Incident commander from Midway is forced to monitor two channels."

wise871

Database Admin
Ed
Great info and roger on the unmonitored channels. Right now I found a few of the channels. Holley-Navarre Fire Tac channel is 154.1300 (203.5), Pace Fire Tac Channel 155.2050 (167.9), Skyline Fire Tac Channel 154.2650 (173.8). I only hear them use it when there fighting a fire or on-scene chat during an emergency. I have a bunch of SRC freqs in my collection.
Dan

Here is a link to the fire district map.
http://www.santarosa.fl.gov/firedept/firedistrictmap.html

Status
Not open for further replies.