Santa Rosa Sheriff 800mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

wise871

Database Admin
The site info you pointed out is for a SLERS tower in Milton and not Santa Rosa Sheriff. SRSO is not moving to 800 or SLERS.

thomast77

why is it licensed to SRSO? 5755 Milton Rd is their address and Will Meloy their contact. Also it appears to be a conventional license. Also it appears to be 4 towers. One of which is located off fairlands where they have many repeaters set up. ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Conv License - WPMA809 - SANTA ROSA, COUNTY OF - Locations Summary It also lists eligibility 90.617 - RADIOS WILL BE USED BY COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT TO COORDINATE PERSONNEL AND ACTIVITIES. SRSO is the county police. These towers are licensed to them. Also none of these frequencies are listed under the SLERS system. Also there is currently no activity on these frequencies. If it were SLERS there would be Highway Patrol traffic on them. I will keep my ear to these frequencies and report if I hear anything.

wise871

Database Admin
The tower is licensed to Santa Rosa County of, not the SRSO. When SLERS expanded they utilized a lot of existing towers to save cost and only pay a fee to share. If you look here ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQS64 - SANTA ROSA, COUNTY OF
Trust me, Santa Rosa Sheriff is not moving to SLERS. They just spent money improving their current system. So relax and enjoy monitoring.

Also not, you can't monitor SLERS so even if you entered the frequencies, you will get nothing.

thomast77

Also not, you can't monitor SLERS so even if you entered the frequencies, you will get nothing.

Well here I thought I stumbled on swat or detectives or something. Do you know what frequencies they use for swat detectives and other communications not on their regular frequencies?

I am still monitoring these frequencies with an analog scanner and I have heard nothing. If this was slers. Shouldn't I atleast hear a carrier or some buzzing sounds or something? Thanks for the input :)

wise871

Database Admin
Tom
The SWAT team uses a very low powered simplex and encrypted. The channels they use are the ones that are already listed on RR and what I sent you, channels 1-8. Unless you’re at the scene, you won’t even here them key up. As far as the detective go, they mainly use Nextel 99% but you will hear them from time to time on the radio using 400 series unit numbers. Remember the Sheriff departments up in this area are nowhere as large as the ones in south Florida were the actually have a detective channel. Again as far as SLERS goes, even if you had it programmed in your radio, you may hear a beep, beep, beep sound on the voice channel and a steady carrier on Control Channel.
Dan

thomast77

Update: I heard activity

About 20 minutes ago I heard a very short conversation on 857.2625. That is the 5819 GULF BREEZE PARKWAY GULF BREEZE, FL tower according to the license. I walked in the room where my scanner was running using the rubber duck. I missed the first part of what was said. I looked at the display and saw 857.2625. Then I heard the other unit say 10-4. I immediately pressed hold and connected to the outdoor antenna. I have heard no other activity since. So I cannot really say who I heard. But according to the license the control point is:

SRSO 5755 E MILTON RD, SANTA ROSA, MILTON, FL Attn Will Meloy On a google search I found out he is Director of Information Systems for the Sheriff's Office. I have also heard his name used on the Jail frequency 453.800.

Eligibility: 90.617 - Radios will be used by COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT to coordinate personnel and activitys.

I am still on the bc95xlt so it is analog not digital. And I am now fairly certain this is not part of a trunked system or slers. I will keep listening. If anyone is interested the frequencies followed by the tower location is:

855.2375 Mob input 810.2375 6000 FAIRLANDS MILTON, FL
856.7625 Mob input 811.7625 HWY 4, 12.8 KM EAST OF JAY, FL
857.2625 Mob input 812.2625 5819 GULF BREEZE PARKWAY GULF BREEZE, FL (This is the one I heard)
854.8625 Mob input 809.8625 1218 W CROSS STREET PENSACOLA, FL (This one is located in Escambia county for some reason).

If anyone hears anything post it hear and maybe together we can figure out what this system is used for. My curiosity is definitely piqued now.

I think I may have a better chance hearing something with a good 800 mhz antenna. Can anyone recommend a good 800 mhz antenna? Preferably small and omni directional and cheap. Maybe I could build a ground plane I just need the measurements. I will mount it just outside my bedroom window.I will update if I hear anything else.
Best Regards
Tom

wise871

Database Admin
Tom
What you probably hearing is the Bay County 800 system. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1074
I hear them all the time and the bands are slightly open tonight so you heard them on one of their voice channels. 857.2625 is one of their assigned voice channels. One thing about trunk systems, you don't have to just program a control channel to monitor a system. You can enter all the voice channels if you want but by doing so you can't follow the traffic or monitor a certain talkgroup.

I've been listening to them tonight so my guess is that what you’re hearing on 857.2625 and not a SLERS transmission or Santa Rosa. No one in Santa Rosa uses 800 except for FHP and they can't be monitored. Santa Rosa uses Motorola CDM 1250, PR1500 and XTS5000 UHF. None of their radios are capable of 800.
Dan

Last edited:

thomast77

Well it looks like you are correct I may have heard Bay county. VHF Propagation indicates there is an opening between use and them. VHF Propagation Map
By the way I am sorry I have not had a chance to call you yet. I am usually too busy during the day. And when I have a chance it is usually too late to call. But I will try to contact you sometime this week.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.