Santa Susana Mt Repeater - CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

99sparks

Located south of Simi Valley and North of Hidden Hills is WYX377. It is a repeater that belongs to Boeing. 462.3250 MHz is the output and 467.3250 MHz is the input side. There appears to be a movie production company that is on the repeater at times. Yes they have some how gotten the PL codes. It would be very costly to reprogram all the radios. If any one in the area has any idea who is using the repeater please advise as soon as possible. Please PM.

Thanks.

n2mdk

Last edited:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!

DPD1

If you're responsible for the radios, why not look up what other companies are using that freq. I doubt it's anything more than a coincidence. They probably just happen to put the same code on the input freq for simplex, and probably don't even realize they're coming out of a repeater. The production people have no idea how that stuff works, and I doubt the radio rental company would do something like that on purpose.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

commstar

Premium Subscriber

Why not go to the mountain and get on the input with them the next time they are on, respectfully ask for a phone number and then call them off the air?

OR

Better yet, call your radio vendor and ask who they sold those old portables to: that you traded in awhile back- and have them solve the mystery for ya. Amazing the mysteries that are solved when future business in jeopardy. And call the salesman you dealt with directly not his boss to start with. Many salesmen have a habit of letting traded in used equipment fall off the truck and it makes its way onto eBay etc.

SCPD

QRT
99sparks, I see this is your first post. It should have been posted in the California forum, below the forum under "Regional Forums" on the main index page. I'm pretty sure this thread will get moved there by a moderator. The advantage to having it posted in the correct regional forum is that people familiar with the area will see it, people who may not open the general scanning forum for many weeks, if at all. Lot's of people post in the wrong forum iwith their first few posts so don't feel like you are the first to do this. I only mention this in order to help you in the future. There are some very knowledgeable people on this website that enjoy helping folks and if you stick with this site you will be amazed at the things you can learn here.

Good luck on finding out what is really going on with this repeater you came across "down south" as we say in the northern portion of California.

Status
Not open for further replies.