Sapulpa FD Is Now Using Tones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

I just heard Sapulpa PD dispatch Sapulpa FD using a pager tone. Glad to hear them change enjoy!

P.J.

peterjmag

I guess I should say they are alert tones since Sapulpa FD doesn't use pagers. By the way it is one long low tone for those who haven't heard it.

P.J. Maguire

car2back

Chaos703 said:
One long low tone? That's not a proper alert tone...

I agree. I love Tulsa's alert tone! we use the QCII tone at Skiatook as an alert for EMS (they don't use pagers anymore like the firefighters still do, but we still have a pager tone for EMS calls)

Chaos703

PolarBear25 said:
That's From that T.V. Show in the 70's

Bingo! I grew up watching that show. Totally loved it. I lived in LA for a year after collage and was nearly bowled over the first day I programmed LA County FD into my scanner and heard the EXACT claxton and dispatch format used on the show. I guess you grow up to assume all the cool stuff on tv shows is just made up. But, no, the radio traffic on Emergency! was spot on to real life.

And, believe it or not, CHiPs and Adam-12 didn't do too bad either. But Dukes of Hazard? That's another story.

http://www.emergencyfans.com/sounds/1stctfir2.mp3

car2back

In my last EMT refresher, there was a lady RN/EMT-P from St Francis that went to paramedic school in LA with the real John Gauge!

Last edited:

adair

peterjmag said:
I just heard Sapulpa PD dispatch Sapulpa FD using a pager tone.

I heard this too. I think the TFD dispatched them one time. It was almost in Tulsa, but still in Sapulpa, now that Sapulpa expanded, probably right on the TDS/SFD line.

Medic32

phil_smith said:
Emergency! I love that show... I have the first season on DVD

Squad 51 was awesome

commshrek said:
WHAT?! The Dukes were real! All that stuff was filmed live in Oakhurst.

lol i think hazard county is still a step above oakhurst

P

PolarBear25

OK!!!!! Is what is the Alert tone for Moto Smartzone for Fire? E.M.S.??

car2back

Medic32 said:
lol i think hazard county is still a step above oakhurst

yeah, you'll never see a muscle car in oakturd, atleast one that runs anyways.

Speaking of the Dukes, One of our officer up here got a new patrol car, and We're gonna install a dixie horn on it :D He's (in)famous for pursuing a vehicle to rural Tulsa Co north of Cville and totalling his unit after ramping a creek.

car2back

PolarBear25 said:
Does anybody know why E.F.D. Tones out 2 times??

I don't know where E.F.D is, but it's probably to make sure the pagers out there recieve the tone to open up the squelch.

P

PolarBear25

phil_smith said:
I don't know where E.F.D is, but it's probably to make sure the pagers out there recieve the tone to open up the squelch.

Edmond Fire Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.