Sara Network (Dubuque, IA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keshalover

I know that Dubuque changed over from Racom to Sara Network at the beginning of this year, however I am wondering if they are now encrypted? I have loaded them from my Sentinel software. I know that they are now on P-25 Phase II system. My Sentinel will only load them as a Standard P-25 system. I get other P-25 Phase 2 systems clear as a bell , but I don't get anything from DBQ area. I have changed my thresholds to no avail. What doesn't make sense is that they are on Broadcastify, so I know they are not encrypted. Does anyone have their control channels? I don't believe that RR has them correctly listed. I have even attempted to change it over to a P-25 Phase 2 TDMA system to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Being on broadcastify is not a guarantee they are not encrypted. Some agencies provide feeds for encrypted systems.

The control channels should be easy to identify. They would have the constant data stream. Once you have that, you can program a system with that and start to trunk using ID SEARCH. If you see any active TGs, hold on them and see if the ENC icon is shown.

lu81fitter

I know that Dubuque changed over from Racom to Sara Network at the beginning of this year, however I am wondering if they are now encrypted? I have loaded them from my Sentinel software. I know that they are now on P-25 Phase II system. My Sentinel will only load them as a Standard P-25 system. I get other P-25 Phase 2 systems clear as a bell , but I don't get anything from DBQ area. I have changed my thresholds to no avail. What doesn't make sense is that they are on Broadcastify, so I know they are not encrypted. Does anyone have their control channels? I don't believe that RR has them correctly listed. I have even attempted to change it over to a P-25 Phase 2 TDMA system to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

You don't mention what scanner you are using. The database is showing that Dubuque Co is simulcast. Could that be an issue?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Wondering why an agency would encrypt and then negate it by allowing an unencrypted feed to Broadcastify, which is a major reason for encryption to begin with?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Wondering why an agency would encrypt and then negate it by allowing an unencrypted feed to Broadcastify, which is a major reason for encryption to begin with?
They probably put a delay on the public feed to prevent it from being maliciously misused.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Seriously, does no one verify information before posting

There is no official feed (noted by a star) and not delayed. Neither is there any encrypted talkgroups listed in the database!

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
To the OP,

I apologize, none of us who have posted thus far is from your area

If the database is not correct, some old fashioned sleuthing skills are in order
I would search 850-860 looking for a strong carrier. It would be a continuous signal that is hard on the ears. The other thing is search through the FCC database for your area might give up some clues

keshalover

I have been custom searching all morning and put it in different blocks, but am not hearing anything at all. I have two frequencies that stop and the have screens that have Color Codes and slots on them, but don't hear anything at all, and no TG are showing up at all. This is sooooo frustrating!

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Went and re-read your original post. You are not programming as a X2-TDMA are you? X2-TDMA is an outdated motorola fling before P25 Phase II. P25 standard trunk should work for Phase I and Phase II.

Also, if you are custom searching, should only be one block, 850-860
Also, check these licenses

keshalover

Thanks for the reply. I did take the advice and I found out that the control channel would be 851.1875, however I am still not able to hear anything off of my BCD536HP Uniden scanner. I notice that in Sentinel, they do not allow me to add the P25 NAC code. Can you advise how I need to add the P25 NAC code?

Is your threshold level = 8, threshhold mode = auto, and is your Digital Waiting Time = 400?

I have entered all the frequencies into the Sara Network system that was listed per FCC, but I am still not getting anything. I know that my scanner is picking up P25 Phase II reception because it is picking up Iowa Statewide Interops just fine.

If you can give me any further tips, it would be very appreciated. Thanks again for the assist!!

lu81fitter

Not sure if this applies to the 536, but I have never entered a NAC in my 996P2. At last count, I have received around 60 sites in my travels around Illinois listening to the STARCOM system and have yet to enter a NAC in my radio. I also use my P25 threshold level at 8. Whatever the default waiting time is, that's what is used. Hopefully someone from your area will chime in and have some ideas.

baker50021

There are two problems that I see, the first is SARA needs all of the freqs programmed because unlike Motorola they can use any of the freqs as a control channel, the 2nd issue is Dubuque is a simulcast site which means there are multiple towers broadcasting at the same freq & time. Depending on your physical location the 536 doesn't play well with those systems.

The 1st thing I would try is just program the Bellevue site and see if that works for you.

jb

IowaGuy1603

When I am in the county where a SARA system is in use I toss a +1 or +2 attenuation filter inline. It helps with the simulcast problems
Not totally but mostly.
I haven't tried Dubuque county yet

Status
Not open for further replies.