Sarasota County Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that Sarasota County is to be completely switched over by Feb. 1, 2010. If you are wondering the new frequencies, they are being lowered by 15 MHz. 868.7625 will be 853.7625 and so forth. Hope this give people time to do a little pre-reprogramming.

Have a safe and happy New Year!!

Doug

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that Sarasota County is to be completely switched over by Feb. 1, 2010. If you are wondering the new frequencies, they are being lowered by 15 MHz. 868.7625 will be 853.7625 and so forth. Hope this give people time to do a little pre-reprogramming.

Have a safe and happy New Year!!

Doug

Hi thanks for the info about Sarasota rebanding. Out if curiosity I wad wonder where did you hear about them rebanding by February 1st. I am currently in Sarasota visiting family for the Holiday.

I was also wondering does anyone know when the new Station 15 is going to open in Palmer Ranch? I take it that they will be on the fd dispatch 2 channel?

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
My radio is due to be reprogrammed in about 2 weeks with the new info.

Station 15 should be opening by the end of January, I haven't seen it yet and do not know where that one is actually located.

Doug

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Station 15 is a really nice station. I drove by it and didn't see any trucks parked in the bays. The station is at the southern end of honore by where it deadends past central sarasota parkway

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Sarasota Rebanding

The crews will begin to move into New Station 15 around January 5th, and they have C of O so they are ready to go.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
The crews will begin to move into New Station 15 around January 5th, and they have C of O so they are ready to go.

Thats nice that they are going to move in on January 5th. If you don't mind what does they have C of O mean?

I was also wondering when I drove past the new station I didn't see any antennas or anything on top of the station do they use IP Station Alerting?

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Sarasota Rebanding

C of O means certficate of occupancy. I have not heard anything different about the dispatch but I think they will still be toned out on TG688 on dispatch two. If they have an outside antenna it will be dirrectional, but also could be hidden in their attic since that will be a Green Station.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Yeah that's true they could have a directional antenna in the attic. That's neat that it is going to be a green building.

Getting back to the rebanding I took a look on the FCC website and didn't see the updated license. I checked under applications and didn't see anything. Not sure if im missing something.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
My radio is due to be reprogrammed in about 2 weeks with the new info.

Station 15 should be opening by the end of January, I haven't seen it yet and do not know where that one is actually located.

Doug

You mentioned that your radio is about to be reprogrammed with the new info in about 2 weeks, I was wondering what type of radio are you using?

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
Well I have Radio Shacks Pro-2096, Pro-96, Pro-106 and for the agency I work for Motorola XTS 3000 this is the radio to be reprogrammed.

Right now the on-line feed is with the PRO-2096, I will be add the FD side in the next coming weeks and that will be using the PRO-96

Doug

Bucephalus

Premium Subscriber
Can you copy and paste me the Banks with Id info for Sarasota County Police and Sheriffs?

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
OK. Got my radio reprogrammed and talked with the techs and the final aagency to get the radios reprogrammed is SCAT buses, this will be done beginning this week. After that they will wait 20 days until changing over the repeaters to make sure the agencies have no problems with their radios. That being said all should be changed over(re-banded) around the middle to end of Feburary.

Doug

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
OK. Got my radio reprogrammed and talked with the techs and the final aagency to get the radios reprogrammed is SCAT buses, this will be done beginning this week. After that they will wait 20 days until changing over the repeaters to make sure the agencies have no problems with their radios. That being said all should be changed over(re-banded) around the middle to end of Feburary.

Doug

Thanks for the update. I was also wondering how do you like the XTS3000, do all of the agencies use the XTS3000 or do they also XTS5000's?

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Hey I was wondering have there been any updates on whether or not Sarasota County has officially switched over to the rebanded frequencies?

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I guess when your rebanding a whole county things can take a while if say glitches or other problems do occur. At the beginning of the thread Eznuff575 mentioned that the rebanding would be done by February 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.