Sarasota County Tone Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfeigley

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to the area, and I'm used to using using the tone-out function on my BCD436HP, and then scanning only when there's a fire in the area. Here, there's a talk group listed as tone-outs, but I've never heard anything. I hear the 3 clear tones and a pause (which I suspect is when the pager tones are going out on some other frequency). Is there a frequency for the tone outs that I can monitor, or is this a different system of notification that isn't compatible with the tone-out feature on scanners? I'm definitely confused.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the area!!

Sarasota County has discontinued the use of the analog tone out talkgroups and to be quite honest, I haven't looked for new talkgroups for tone outs but I do know that they are digital now... I just listen for all the trucks being dispatched and the listen to see if it actually is something or a false alarm.

Doug

wfeigley

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I'm so used to just getting alerted for the companies I'm interested in that it seemed annoying to hear all the other calls, especially all of the medical calls. I think I'll just monitor the tac channel that the Venice area companies generally are assigned to. I appreciate your quick response!

Status
Not open for further replies.