Sarasota Fire Districts

Status
Not open for further replies.

elk2370bruce

Does anyone have a map of the Sarasota County Fire Districts? Sarasota homepage give me pictures but no district demarcation. Thanks in advance for your help.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Sarasota County Fire Map

I can tell you what stations are in each of the four Sarasota County Battalions but I don't believe I know of a ground map.
Ed

elk2370bruce

I can tell you what stations are in each of the four Sarasota County Battalions but I don't believe I know of a ground map.
Ed

Ed, That is a beginning. I'm trying to identify which fire district is where within the County so I can have a better understanding of the database use. For example, I know that there is a firehouse on 41 just north of the 681 connector to I 75 (about a mile north of Laurel Road) and one on Siesta Key but don't know what I'm hearing on the radio system. I often hear lots of Fire/EMS somewhere around Beneva as well. Any guidance or instruction would be appreciated. Thanks Ed.
Bruce

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
I can give you addresses and station numbers for all the fire stations in the county, but I have not seen a district map. This would give a general area of a response area.

Doug

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Sarasota County Fire Stations

Go to this web site http//home.comcast.net/~/lt.marshall/scfd/index.html and click on right side of page Stations and that will give you a map with each house. After you digest that you will be missing station 10-15-16-18-26-51Venice-52 Venice-53 Venice-71 Englewood & 73 Englewood. Stations 51-52-53-71-73 all have County Rescue along with other city's equipment housed there. When you are ready for that info I will send to your PM.
Ed

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Go to this web site http//home.comcast.net/~/lt.marshall/scfd/index.html and click on right side of page Stations and that will give you a map with each house. After you digest that you will be missing station 10-15-16-18-26-51Venice-52 Venice-53 Venice-71 Englewood & 73 Englewood. Stations 51-52-53-71-73 all have County Rescue along with other city's equipment housed there. When you are ready for that info I will send to your PM.
Ed

Thanks for the information. I know that Station 15 just opened today on Honore a little past Central Sarasota Parkway.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
New station 15 is open and located at 9102 Bloomfield Blvd, Palmer Ranch.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
New station 15 is open and located at 9102 Bloomfield Blvd, Palmer Ranch.

Hey thanks for the response. I left Sarasota from my Vacation last Saturday and didn't get to see whether or not the station was opened or not.

This may be a little off topic but does anyone now if the county ordered a brand new engine and ambulance for the station or are they using another they already had and just redid it to put the engine 15 and rescue 15 lettering on?

JBuff27

Sarasota

E15 and RS 15 have been in service for about a year or more and have been operating out of Station 20 on Pinkey Rd. 20's is also know as the Shops. They are not NEW now but where new when put into service.

JBuff27

radiofan1

Many years ago I rebuilt and painted the monopole in front of station 10. It's gone now. :(

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
E15 and RS 15 have been in service for about a year or more and have been operating out of Station 20 on Pinkey Rd. 20's is also know as the Shops. They are not NEW now but where new when put into service.

JBuff27

That makes sens that they were operating out of Station 20. I was turning onto to Clark road and saw rescue 15 and was wondering where it was coming from since the new station wasn't opened yet. So station 2 is known as the shops, I saw on the map with all the stations that station 15 has maintenance listed next to it, does this mean that the 3rd bay is going to be used for repairing the trucks or will station 20 still do it.

Still trying to figure out how everything works in Sarasota County.

Status
Not open for further replies.